Best blade setup on Stander?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobcat175, Feb 27, 2007.

1. bobcat175

bobcat175 LawnSite Senior Member

What blade setup are you most happy with on your Wright Stander?
    For both bagging and discharge.

muching? hi-lift? reg?
    Which brands?
    .250 thick? width?

I normally run mulching/mulching/hi-lift for the 3 blades....hi-lift near bagger on my WB and was wondering if the same setup on a 52" Stander would be good.

2. mosmgras

mosmgras LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Std. lift on top, Mamba high lift mulcher on bottom works good for me. All .250 thick, not sure what width though.

3. bobcat175

Are you referring to double-blades?

4. mosmgras

mosmgras LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Yep. Some people run a std. lift on top and a high lift (non mulcher) on bottom and reported good results. Try a couple of different set-ups and see what works best for your conditions.

5. bobcat175

I was more concerned with the following setup....
    If I use mulching blades and a bagger some decks have too much volume above the blade and therefore will not be able to "pack a bagger". Put hi-lifts on and it's night and day...

I switch between bagger and discharge and don't want to have to switch the blades each time as well.

I guess my question is more...anyone run mulching blades and bag with any luck on a Stander?

6. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

high lifts...

7. bobcat175

That's basically the only blade that Wright puts on their mowers...

8. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

There is a thing called aftermarket replacement blades with several options of lift and blade type.

9. bobcat175

Of course...I meant that if you went to your Wright dealer and asked what are the options from Wright...the answer will only be hi-lift. A new Wright mower will not come with gators...they would have to be aftermarket...