Best Blades for 36 Scag WB ??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PAW, Jul 6, 2001.

1. PAW

PAW LawnSite Member
    from MO

I have been mowing with my new Scag 36 belt WB for about 2 months now. I find alot of grass left behind after the mow and feel there might be better blades to use vs the stock blades I have on now. Anyone out there with this machine that have found a better way to mulch the grass back into the lawn?

Thanks for the input!!!

PAW

2. ron

ron LawnSite Senior Member

I had the same problem with my new Scag 36 in WB until I got the mulching kit with Gator blades this works very well...

3. PAW

PAW LawnSite Member
    from MO

That was the solution I was considering. Thanks for the advice Ron.

PAW

4. Wood Lawn Man

Wood Lawn Man LawnSite Member

You may also want to make sure you use newer blades on your 36". Since there is only .25" overlap between the blades, if your blade tips are curved even a little bit you will lose most of your overlap, causing you to leave a strip down the middle of your deck.

5. Wood Lawn Man
    Thanks for the info. I've always wondered why people went to the effort of regrinding their blades square. It's the lack of significant overlap! I've been grinding a radius on the end of mine, and wondered why everyone didn't. Thanks.
    Dave

6. PAW

PAW LawnSite Member
    from MO

I just bought Gators and my dealer said they were the newest style. I wouldnt know from the older style so I guess I will put them on and see what happens.

Thanks for the heads up guys!

PAW