best blades for a cub cadet tank?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gandk06, Jun 7, 2007.

1. gandk06

gandk06 LawnSite Senior Member

I have read several threads about different peoples opinions about different types of blades but it seems that so much depends on the machine that they are running. What one person hates the next guy loves but it is on a different machine. So my question is for people running Tanks/Ztwos, what blade seems to work the best for you?

Right now I am running the factory blades and depending on the grass type I am not always happy with the finished cut.

Any input would be great.
    Thanks

2. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

The factory one does great for us, or these http://expressmowerparts.com/detail.aspx?ID=484,
    There's also a place that sells them for 7.00 apiece, fo the M-60 that is. I wiil check my other computer to see if I have the web page on it.

3. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

4. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds to me like you are the next guy in line for my tutorial on how to set up this deck so that it works as great for you as it does for me. This deck is "unlike" the others in design and layout, and will basically cut 'marginally' just like all the others if they are adjusted like them. This will all make sense later after reading some more....

The information is here, as I have provided to others who were "partially" satisfied with the performance. Just do a search for it, and if you can't find it, let me know.

5. gandk06

Thanks guys.

looks like I have some reading to do.

Grant

6. gandk06

Envy,

I have been searching for your posts on how to adjust the deck to get it perfect but you have so many post on these mowers I can't seem to find the one's on this topic.

Thanks,
    Grant

7. Nosmo

Nosmo LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd like to locate that thread too. Been doing a search under different topics -- deck adjustments etc but I haven't found it yet.

Nosmo

8. Envy Lawn Service

Sorry... I've been absent a while... let me see what I can find....

9. Envy Lawn Service

Dang.... I'm having trouble finding it too... but here is a copy of a PM that will help.

Pay particular attention to the part about deck rake.
    These decks are different and do not need or like a lot of rake front to back.

10. Nosmo

Nosmo LawnSite Bronze Member

Thank you Envy for your reply. Went back through 14 pages of threads of search using "Envy" as the object and I certainly got caught up on my reading of older threads.

Some were really comical when we talked about Lesco/Tanks and you know who would try to ruffle our feathers (Real Slow) hah.

Been having a little trouble with the cut on my 54". I'll get it worked out though. I've checked air pressure, blades are sharp so I believe it is the deck needing a tune up. No problem with clumping -- just in some passes it is
    leaving a rut.

It may be I am crowding the passes with the tires upon tires tracks.

Thanks again for your reply and you have a good one today.

Nosmo