best blades for ferris???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Linder'sLawnCare, Apr 21, 2009.

1. Linder'sLawnCare

Linder'sLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

I am looking for some new blades for my 48" 1500. I am wanting something that will give me a better cut, if possible. How does mulching blades work on Ferris? Anyone use mamba hi-lift mulching blades? Hi-lift blades?

2. Cajun Country Lawn Care

Cajun Country Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I am also interested in this. I am happy with my current blades but would like to move possibly to a power chute and wondering what is the best blades for the ferris with the power chute also.:usflag:

3. Linder'sLawnCare

Any ideas?

4. Linder'sLawnCare

Any Ferris guys out there???????

5. Mondragon Lawn Serv

Mondragon Lawn Serv LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

i use gator mulching blades and the curved mulching blades( the ones without the teeth on the top) as well they're both great, i live in houston and the grass is usually moist and wet, and they perform well never had problems with them. here's a link on how the blades perform and they stripe well, i have mulching kit but i have not installed it cuz i see no point when my mower is working to perfection. the blades have been sufficient and dont need the kit.http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=256878&page=7

6. Linder'sLawnCare

If I am understanding you right, you use the mulching blades year round?

7. Mondragon Lawn Serv

Mondragon Lawn Serv LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

yeah that's right, during the fall it tears up the leafs like no other. the only way is for you to try it out your self. I can give you my experience but what matters is what you get out of them. buy a set and try them out. those blades should not be more then $50 at the right price.

8. Linder'sLawnCare

I can get mulching blades from J-Thomas.com for just over $12 a peice. It is Mamba hi-lifts.

9. curbappealco

curbappealco LawnSite Member

im gonna order the mambas for by 48" to mulch with this season and follow with my 52" hi-lift with the triple bagger, all Ferris.

10. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

the best blades for ferris are ferris blades.