Best blades for striping effect on 36WB SCAG?

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by JayC, May 21, 2003.

1. JayC

JayC LawnSite Member

I recently purchased a used 36" SCAG WB BeltDrive and I added a brand new set of Gators to it because the original blades were shot. After reading many posts on this site about striping, I'm wondering if I would get a better effect with the standard SCAG blades? Someone mentioned BobCat blades on a SCAG for best results, I'm just wondering which ones will work best for me. I'm in NJ and my lawn is very healthy, mostly tall fescule mix, and I mow it at 3.5 inches. ANy suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you,
    Jay

2. P&J Lawncare

P&J Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

3. JayC

JayC LawnSite Member

I just placed an order for them, thanks a lot for the suggestion. I look forward to giving them a try. I bet they'll work great!
    Jay

4. JayC

JayC LawnSite Member

Thank you P&J Lawncare...What a difference. I'm very happy with my new blades. I only mow my own lawn so I don't have much practice. This is my 4th mow of the seaon and I'm new to the WB mower. One things for sure, it's fun to mow the lawn again after stepping up from the 21incher. Here is my initial attempt with new gator blades....Not much to show:

firsttryatstripes.jpg

5. JayC

JayC LawnSite Member

Here is a shot with the blades you recommended: I think it's a world of difference...

jaystripe1.jpg

6. JayC

JayC LawnSite Member

another:

jaystripe2.jpg

7. JayC

JayC LawnSite Member

and 1 more:

jaystripe3.jpg

8. IndianaDave

IndianaDave LawnSite Member
    from 47150

jc,

The stripes look excellent. Are those with a mulch kit installed or not?

9. JayC

JayC LawnSite Member

No mulch kit, no roller or chains either. Just the stock deck with the bobcat high lift offset blades. I may look at making a striping kit, but for now I'm very pleased with the difference the bobcat high lift offset blades made.

10. JayC

JayC LawnSite Member

A couple new ones

angledstripes2.jpg