Best Blower For Around $300?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BanvilleLawnCare, Dec 18, 2007.

1. BanvilleLawnCare

BanvilleLawnCare LawnSite Member

I will be needing a new blower next season and dont want or need a $500+ beast. I am looking for something around $300. I dont care too much about brand I am just looking for any suggestions I can get on what would be a quality blower in my price range.

2. razor1

razor1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I saved money buying a new blower on ebay. If you're doing leaves get at least a 60cc to 80cc engine, imo. :weightlifter:

3. BanvilleLawnCare

BanvilleLawnCare LawnSite Member

what blower did you buy on ebay?

4. docta

docta LawnSite Member

I bought my Shindaiwa 630 used on eBay for $230.00 and it starts easy and runs great. Very powerful and serves all of my needs very well.

5. B_gerrits

B_gerrits LawnSite Senior Member

I love my echo PB-413T does everything I want it to including blowing rocks, leaves, and just about anything else. $299 new I personaly would not buy a blower on ebay I want a warranty and a face to deal with if something goes wrong.

6. shane mapes

shane mapes LawnSite Senior Member

are you talking hand held or back pack....... you can get a stihl 85 bg hand held for less then that ...........not a backpack though......

7. redmax fan

redmax fan LawnSite Bronze Member

heres a link to a husquavarna at lowes for $300 , link =

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=192729-572-145BT&lpage=none

* a few years ago i bought this blower at sears on sale for $200 . its very well built but doesnt have big time power . i bought it for home use where i dont need alot of power but itll still blow a fair amount of leaves around for fall clean up but not as fast as a big redmax would . but this machine runs very well / dependable / starts right up and never falters , and is very solidly built . and i have faith in husquavarna from owning their chain saws and being told by career tree trimmer friends they make the best chain saws . the only thing i dont like about this blower is it has the throttle on the tube as opposed to on a side handle , i find the side handle more functional . but maybe they come with either type cant say .

8. B_gerrits

The echo is same price but more power and yes it is a backpack which I personally like much more than a hand held. I do like echo, however I don't know anything about Husky's backpacks they do make an awesome saw I would much rather have their chainsaw. Anyways you can check out echo's PB 413 at home depot.com and compare the specs.

9. nitro121

nitro121 LawnSite Senior Member

Everyone always says go w/ the biggest but I can get an echo 413 off craigslist for $240....a new handheld stihl 85 is around $230. I still have the 85 I've had for 2 seasons but looking to replace it and have it on the truck as a backup.

The specs look close for both units....but the 413 backpack is much better?

Gary

10. B_gerrits

Actually I have no experience with either the stihl or husky. One thing I will say the echo has 4ccs more power( I looked at the link for the husky) didn't check weight difference. I personally would pay $10 more for a backpack blower. All I can say is I have been happy with the 413