Best Blower when Wet?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by luv2fly, Jun 27, 2004.

1. luv2fly

luv2fly LawnSite Member
    from ATL

With all the rain in the north Atlanta area it's time to upgrade the Blower. I'm currently using a hand held, which has worked well until the ground gets wet. I've heard the back packs work well when the ground is wet?

Which one to get is the question?

Thanks for your time,

Luv2fly

2. Prot1

Prot1 LawnSite Member

This is going to turn into a ford/chevy/dodge debate. I have a Redmax 7001 and it picks up anything including the water. Bottom line is any decent backpack is going to do a hell of a lot better than your hand held. Find some people in your area and ask which dealer provides the best support.

3. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Echo PB-400E It is the last of the old school landscaping equipment still around. Echo still makes them. I have two. One 13 years old the other 8 to 9 years old (got it used) They take a pounding, since its a cast alum. housing. Not plastic that cracks like the rest. If one died tomarrow I would buy another one.

4. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

Echo 750 Out Blows the RedmaX 7001 by a Hair....

But The New Red MaX8000 should Blow the 750 Away...I get Mine in 5 Weeks!

If its Really Wet use a Push Blower!

bg.jpg

5. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Actually, the 7001 outblows the 750, check the specs. Again, beating a SO dead horse......

6. Martino

Martino LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

No it doesn't. Independently (not by mfgrs.) tested, the 750 has the edge both in MPH and CFM.

Please do not trust brochure specs. Try them out for yourself and you decide.

7. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

remember, it's not mph that moves things, it's cfm. and for the 7001 vs 750 thing, we tested them side by side in a parking lot and the echo did not win, they are pretty close, but either one will move wet stuff.

8. Martino

Martino LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

That is incorrect.

It is the combination of the 2, when properly calibrated, that moves things.

Side by side parking lot tests are far from reliable, as far as statistics are concerned, but at least they give you an idea.

9. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

In the 7001-750 Sweepstakes the 750 Wins for Raw Blowing Power....But the 750 is Heavier so It's a Tie!

It Really Doesn't Matter because the RedMaX 8000 Will Blow them Both Away...

10. dustin ward

dustin ward LawnSite Member

i have a stihl br 400 and does an excellent job but i also have a friend that has a new redmax and he swears by it