1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Best blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnforce1, Apr 22, 2000.

1. lawnforce1

lawnforce1 LawnSite Member

We are looking for a new backpack blower and can't seem to decide which one would do the bast job. What have ya'll found to be the best one?

FIREMAN LawnSite Senior Member
    from n.j.

found stihl br400 to be the best have had three for three years never a problem
  3. Hello:<p>For my area & me being a ole timer I like the Echo PB 400E Backpack Blower.<p>It's the most popular in my area & very good parts availability! Also very well built! <p>----------<br>GrassMaster - Home: www.lawnservicing.com<br>My Start Up Page www.lawnservicing.com/startup/
  4. southside

southside LawnSite Senior Member

Stihl BR400. Reliable & powerful.<p>Karl<br>
  5. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I have a Shindaiwa EB630 and a Redmax 6200 and love both of them. No problems!
  6. AB Lawn Care

AB Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

It is an easy question!Sthil br400!I have owned one for 5 years now and have only had to do regular matinence on it it still works awsome!Buy one you will love it!<p>from:Adam<p>AB Lawn Care
  7. scapes4u

scapes4u LawnSite Member

Get a Stihl br400,no problems with our's yet,going into 3 year.
  8. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

I dito the above on the br-400. starting fourth year for mine.<p>no problems except I have to occasionally adjust the carb. I probably need to check the spark arrestor for carbon buildup because I run rich oil for the gas. blowing leaves in the fall it gets a huge workout!<p>GEO
  9. Jason

Jason LawnSite Senior Member

I use a Shindaiwa EB500. Works good, though I'd probably go with a EB630 next time. More power than my 500.
  10. steven Bousquet

steven Bousquet LawnSite Member

the br 400 has major problems, they are still trying to fix. the older ones are great the newer ones are awlful. we bought 4 last year and then i had to buy 4 new redmax to replace the br400. the people from stihl came to my shop and took all the blowers back even they said the were full of problems. choke knobs,air filters falling off. air locks in gas tank. the engine heats up and stops running. the trigger control won't work, the shut off switch won't work. the engine suked in the gasket, and other things. the $500 for the redmax was a great deal base on performance. we budget 16 unit per season the trimmers , blowers so over the years we have had over a hundred units and the redmax is by far the best. I am brand loyal i am performance loyal.good luck