Best Book

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rookie03, Oct 11, 2004.

1. rookie03

rookie03 LawnSite Member
    from OK

What's the best landscape or lawn care book out there for those starting a new business?

2. GLADULANDSCPING

GLADULANDSCPING LawnSite Member

3. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

Best book in general about business and money is "Rich Dad, Poor Dad"

4. Acute Cut

Acute Cut LawnSite Senior Member

Dont forget "how to win friends and influence people". It may not be lawn care specific, but it will advance your closing's tremendously. JMO though.

5. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

There's a lot of books you'll wan to check out. Go to the libray and start reading over the winter. Lots of business books first and then get into the turf and horticulture books. Look for used textbooks from colleges that have good turf programs like Purdue, Texas A&M and so forth. Your local extension service should have some good titles available too.

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Rich Dad, Poor Dad.

Soupy likes this.
  7. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

One good suggestion for the library Benjamin Grahams The Intelligent Investor. Book that inspired Warren Buffet.

8. Fescue Farmer

Fescue Farmer LawnSite Member

The E-Myth Revisited....................while I don't agree wholeheartedly with the author, it sure was an eye opener for our business - or rather, the job we created for ourselves............. :rolleyes:

9. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I think Bobby should pen a book, maybe "Mow Softly and Carry a Big Shovel"

Soupy likes this.
  10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

That's weird. There were no responses up when I wrote mine, even though it says they were writte, quite a ways ahead of time of mine. I thought it was funny that someone else said "Rich Dad, Poor Dad", also.