Best Boot?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by BandBLawncare, Feb 5, 2014.

1. BandBLawncare

BandBLawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Last year I wore some Caronlinas and I liked them pretty well.

Bought some CAT Duncans today but not steel toe.

What do you all wear?

2. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

I use these they very light

image.jpg

3. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

What kinds of work are you primarily doing while wearing your boots?
    Riding a Z? Operating a WB? A lil of everything?

Dealing with rain/dew/moisture while working on uneven terrain?

I prefer a ventilated mid-top hiker with Goretex. These breathe well while resisting external moisture. Hikers in general deliver impressive traction & stability for operating a WB/trimmer/blower on slippery slopes. So far, from all the brands I've tried over the years, I like Vasque Breeze GTX the best for comfort and performance.

http://vasque.com/vasque-shoe/7482-vasque/7482-vasque-mens-breeze-2.0-gtx-slatebrown-russetorange

4. sharperimagelawns

sharperimagelawns LawnSite Member

Would love to see some more responses. I would say I have never found a boot that lived up to my expectations. But maybe my expectations are just too high. Someone told me when you work outside in all conditions it doesn't matter what boot you buy none of them are going to last all that long. Some I have tried: Rocky slip ons, timberland hiking boots, Lowa hiking boots, Wal-Mart specials, Nike shox, wolverine's. Each of them had there own problems that made me move on to the next brand, however all of them wore out before I thought they should. Maybe I walk funny or something, but the max life for any of my foot wear is about 3-4 months. Is this normal?

5. Valk

Operating a WB will put the most HARD miles on a pair of boots. Being pain-free at the end of the day AND the next morning is worth a lot to me.
    I don't quite get 3 months out of mine, but as soon as I start feeling weird pains I know it's time for a new pair...and am happy to fork over the money. I know my brand & size and purchase from onlineshoes dot com. They'll match other outlet's prices...and they're usually at my door in 3-5 business days.

6. BandBLawncare

BandBLawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Valk I think I will give those a try! thanks for the info

7. biodale

biodale LawnSite Member

I am very impressed with thorogood boots. Of course they have different models. The one i good cost $200, but well worth it and last all year.

8. Valk

BandB, if you don't like them I want to hear about it.

9. weaver

weaver LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm stuck on the Wolverine Hikers...
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. baileylawnservice

baileylawnservice LawnSite Senior Member