1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Best Boot?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by BandBLawncare, Feb 5, 2014.

1. 123hotdog

123hotdog LawnSite Senior Member

I've used allot of boots over the years. Once I learned that none really last, I buy the cheap boots from Wal-Mart. I get three months out of them and toss them for a new pair. I usually buy two pair at the beginning of the year and toss the first pair July 4th.

2. LewisLawn

LewisLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I second the Thorogood boots mentioned on a previous post. After using Redwing, Carolina, Rocky and Timberland...these have passed all expectations. Composite toe, toe cap keeps leather from rubbing bare, great traction, strong heel, I've broken off a heel on a pair of Timberlands while edging a flower bed once...they are waterproof and have a removable inersole...I wear an orthotic and usually if I wear the orthotic in a boot it rubs a hole on the inside of the heel...not been a problem with the Thorogoods...I picked them up at a local Amish store for about 125$ but they usually go for around 200$ but I am not spending this every six months like some people have mentioned for their boots

3. nightshutter

nightshutter LawnSite Senior Member
    from UT

Georgia wellington boot. I was apprehensive at first because of the grip, and i didn't think the soles would last. These boots are so comfortable. My knees and feet love them! I do a lot of walking and I do a little bit of everything. Lasted two seasons and could go further if i put inserts in them. not as soft anymore. The leather and sole are in great shape. I think they are about $175. I will be buying another pair in a month. get the steel toe.

G5353.jpg

4. nightshutter

nightshutter LawnSite Senior Member
    from UT

Worst boot I've had are lacrosse "foreman". My knees and feet did not like them!

5. Trees Too

Trees Too LawnSite Silver Member

6. SpudsM15

SpudsM15 LawnSite Senior Member

Winter/snow&wet muddy days: the north face chilkats
    Summer mowing days merril Moab mids.
    Or very hot or a lot of walking merril reflex

Timbaland pro pitboss. I give a thumbs down... steel toe but just to bulky and not very comfortable..

I liked doc martin boots and Carolinas are ok. But for me the north face and merrils. Wear is about 6 months depending on the type of work...

7. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

I like Timberland Pro Pit Boss lace up boots. I usually end up using my Ariat slip on boots though because they don't take as long to put on. Every second counts when I usually wake up to my employee calling me to see why I'm not at the shop (20' behind my house) yet.

8. Will P.C.

Will P.C. LawnSite Senior Member

Custom White's boots. Made to order from your exact foot specs. Top notch construction with very good reputation

9. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

10. Choppin

Choppin LawnSite Senior Member

That's all I get out of a pair of boots but I wear slip in work boot... Right now I have some Ariat work hogs and they are just about shot and I got them in October.
    Posted via Mobile Device