Best Boot?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by BandBLawncare, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Doreen

Doreen LawnSite Member
    from york pa

Red wing work boots

2. cutter13

cutter13 LawnSite Member
    from MN

Danner Pronghorns

3. Bryan27

Bryan27 LawnSite Member

That looks exactly like what I'm looking for! I don't like boots that carry a lot of bulk above the ankle, that bulk seems to only serve as a place to funnel debris into the boot and give the feeling of a less supported ankle. I had a pair of Vasques many years ago and they make a very high quality boot, unfortunately there isn't a very good selection around here and I ended up with some Merrells that aren't exactly what I'm looking for, but still a good shoe. What I like about the hikers over typical work boots is your foot tends to come down flatter with better ground contact than a heeled work boot, really protects those ankles. My feet feel better after a day in hikers than they do in regular work boots too.

4. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

Those are all good points about quality footwear for our line of work.

While I can't say that Vasque Breeze don't allow debris in from the top, I can say they're better than other brands I've tried. AND, they're cooler than other brands...an important quality I've come to appreciate.

Bryan27, if you ever get yourself a pair of Breeze I'd love to hear your review: for better or worse.

Anymore, I order my boots online, and if you're unable to try them on first to find your size in a particular model/brand...I'll recommend finding your "Euro size" and cross-correlate w/in your desired model/brand. I've rarely been let down with this method. Kudos to Onlineshoes.com for how they operate their business...as I use them 90%+ of the time and usually save 25-30% off of retail by waiting for their best sales.

5. EarthlyMaintenanceService

EarthlyMaintenanceService LawnSite Member

I like the Georgia Boot "Mud dogs" Rubber lowers and leather uppers.
    I also have a pair of 18" Red Head Snake Boots great for weed eating and
    any surprises.

6. Lovemy3sons

Lovemy3sons LawnSite Member

[dBLawncare;4952992]Last year I wore some Caronlinas and I liked them pretty well.

Bought some CAT Duncans today but not steel toe.

What do you all wear?[/QUOTE]

I will tell you right now the best boot ever is Wolverine. Particularly the durashocks
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

I want to pick up some mucks this year
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Southern Lawn Care  LLC

Southern Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

I wear Ariats work hogs. In summer I wear Ariat Terrians. They are a hiking type boot. I like redwing boots also. The Ariats are a lighter boot though.

9. Lovemy3sons

Lovemy3sons LawnSite Member

You can go jogging in Wolverine durashocks that's how comfortable and light they are. Best Price I found was on amazon.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

Everyone in AK wears mucks or bogs now that Xtratuffs are made in china, which is so hilariously ironic, since mucks and bogs areĀ…. made in china!