Best Boot?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by BandBLawncare, Feb 5, 2014.

1. bel-nor

bel-nor LawnSite Member

Under Armor(hunting boots) is by far the best. They cost more and were hard to find but I have never had boots hold up like these.

2. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

I just want something comfortable for dirt work lol
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. smlc451

smlc451 LawnSite Member

red wings steel toe

4. DClawncare

DClawncare LawnSite Member

Not normal at all. I buy danner boots and love them. I have a pair of quarrys with a alloy toe. they have held up for over a year of abuse and still going strong. I wear them everyday.

5. southerntide

southerntide LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Alabama

Have you tried Brahma's I went through boots after boots some lasted a month to 3 months, I just tried some brahma's middle of last season and everything I have done in them they have last this long, longer than any other boot so far and extremely comfortable no blisters or calluses as I experienced in all the other brands I have destroyed.

Not tore anywhere, soles are still completely in tact, any others would be flip flopping by 3rd month.

Give them a shot if you have not tried them.

This is pair I have did not buy them at wallyworld never go there.
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Brahma-6-Wide-Men-s-Bravo-Workboot/20680484

6. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

Yep tried those. They completely destroyed my foot. Even with insoles.

I have reg timberland pros right now. I miss my woverlines though.

I got to pick up some mucks next week
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. southerntide

southerntide LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Alabama

Everyone's feet are different lol they are so comfortable to me, even timberlands kill my feet, I used Wolverines when I was a welder, they did not like my feet either but of course they were steel toed and steel shielded leg weights lol

8. crgstvrs

crgstvrs LawnSite Member

the most comfortable boots I have come across are Hytest Footrests with oblique toe, they are composite toe. feel almost as good as running shoes on foot, I have to work 12 hr. shifts in them, the tend to hold up better than most others. Have wore Danner boots also very nice and can be resoled.

9. MCL

MCL LawnSite Member
    from Nj

Red wing hikers do me real well. I can mulch for 8 hours and mow for 2-3 more and still be comfortable. They are well with preventing water from coming in and breath pretty well.

10. hurryrainscomin

hurryrainscomin LawnSite Member

I had a $25 pair of closeout Lawngrips that just lost a sole after 11 mths. That's about 8 mths of mostly mowing use. No foot pain for a year mowing 4hr per day with a w/b. Sad to hear I can't get a replacement pair. The beveled tread was also excellent at not holding much mud.
    Trying Merrell hikers this time. Thanks for the input.