Best boots for Irrigation?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by OKSooner, May 31, 2008.

1. OKSooner

OKSooner LawnSite Member

Short 'n sweet? What are the best boots to wear for irrigation repair work where you're getting sopping wet in warm weather? Doing some digging but not a lot...

Opinions, please.

2. Dirt Boy

Dirt Boy LawnSite Senior Member

Rubber?:rolleyes:

3. WalkGood

WalkGood LawnSite Bronze Member

Too sweaty.

4. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Thats what she said!

5. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Nothing like a good set of Chacos. And don't say I can't work or dig using these. I have. I can. And I will continue to. Doesn't mean I want my guys using them though.

chacos.jpg

6. WalkGood

WalkGood LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you wear the Spartacus tunic as well?

7. Firefighter337

Firefighter337 LawnSite Senior Member

Georgia boots Mud dogs.

I have swapped my tennis shoes out with them many times. While wearing shorts!! :clapping:

They are alittle heavy though. But extremely comfortable. Great winter boot too.

8. frumdig

frumdig LawnSite Member
    from nunya

i usually like the hiking style boots with some aggressive tread... plus most hiking boots are pretty flexable for all the kneeling down... the last pair i bought was awesome, a pair of Ecco's... lightest boot ive ever worn... i bought something a little more heavy dutty this time, with a steel toe... LaCrosse, they have some more weight to them, but they hold up a lot better... im still behind a shovel quite often, and has a heavy duty sole...

9. LL Bean duck boat slip ons without the winter insulation. I've tried a bunch of shoes and always end up back in these.

10. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Vasque hikers, expensive but worth it.