Best BP Blower use ever!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by eshreve1234, Aug 31, 2004.

1. eshreve1234

eshreve1234 LawnSite Member

Sure they move grass and leaves great, but the best use is drying off your motorcycle after washing. If only I could get a heated dry...

2. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

I use my backpack blower to shoo annoying pests, like neighbors.

3. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

I use it to dry/style my hair after each yard. I look like Buckwheat pulling up to the next account.

4. NC Scaper

NC Scaper LawnSite Member

I have always used them to dry everything off and when I worked at Thomas Built Buses that how we dried the buses when it had rained, before they were painted.

5. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

I have never thought about using them to dry off a vehicle. I will have to give that a try.

Gravely_Man

6. F6Hawk

F6Hawk LawnSite Member

Been drying my motorcycles off with them for years. Works great! Just make sure that you didn't use it to vacuum and mulch leaves last use... seen one that did that, and he ended up with a few paint dings. Yech.

7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I always dry my mowers off after I wash them (especially the engine areas and seat). I'll tell you one the BEST uses for a backpack blower, is blowing my air mattress up for camping! Just on idle, or just a little above, it blows my queen size mattress up (most of the way) in just a couple of seconds!

8. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

This has been brought up many times...

9. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

I had a lady that wanted me to install a drain in the swale in her driveway last winter. The water would lay there for days without draining. So I rented a concrete saw and sliced a 1 inch wide channel across her 16ft driveway to installed a channel drain similar to that used around swimming pools (worked great, by the way). If you've ever seen anyone using one of these saws you know that the amount of dust they stir up is incredible. I started my PB650 and set it to a high idle and sat it on the driveway pointing in the direction I wanted the cloud of concrete dust to go. It worked like a charm, I didn't even have to wear a dust mask!

10. mastercare

mastercare LawnSite Senior Member

It's as fun as drying your hair, but BP blowers do an incredible job cleaning gutters in the fall.
    Wait for a few dry hot days, and even the "muck" will break up and blow right out. Had a lady last year offer me $100 for cleaning her gutters. I grabbed the extension ladder, climbed on the roof and fired it up! Took less than 10 mins!! I think I'll start adding this as an extra service in conjunction with leaves this fall!