Best brand of bed edger?

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by grassgirl4, Apr 5, 2008.

1. grassgirl4

grassgirl4 LawnSite Member

What, in your opinion, is the best brand of bed edger (you know, for quality, ease-of-use, etc.)?

One fella suggested using a trenchblade on my edger unit to do my bed edging. Here is the link (there's a demo video): http://www.trenchblade.com. What do you think? Think it will do a sufficient job for $4.20 a blade?

Thanks in advance!!

2. grassgirl4

Anyone? I know people on here use them LOL :)

3. grassgirl4

...bed edgers, that is :)

4. Trenchblade

Trenchblade LawnSite Senior Member

you know I am going to be biased, cause its my invention but it does work very well. If you do a trenchblade search you will see some responses from people on here who have used them. I know people are using them because i have got some repeat purchases from lawnsite members. I like Echo, the commercial models with the open face, but any stick edger that has a 1 inch arbor and enough clearance for the trenchblade to spin, will does just fine. My father in law talked me into modifying a trenchblade to make it fit on his electric Black and Decker bush hog home depot special edger and it even worked pretty good on there. Just do a search if nobody is responding here

5. GreenthumbGA

GreenthumbGA LawnSite Member

I have used a trencher from my local rental place...this seems to be the best way for me to know what will be best for me. I cannot remeber the name though. Visit your local equipment dealers. Alot of them will alow you to demo there different types of products if they know you are in the market.

6. thefed

thefed LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

eztrench bedscaper...id go for the 6.5 hp...works great