best brand of power equipment

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnandplow42, Jul 10, 2005.

?

What is the best brand of power equipment?

1. Echo

11 vote(s)
    18.6%
  2. Stihl

17 vote(s)
    28.8%
  3. Redmax

18 vote(s)
    30.5%
  4. Shindaiwa

10 vote(s)
    16.9%
  5. Other

3 vote(s)
    5.1%
  1. lawnandplow42

lawnandplow42 LawnSite Senior Member

What do you think is the best brand of power equipment and why? :waving:

2. qps

qps LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

Wow...this is a loaded question....let the battle begin :p

3. Bulletproof

Bulletproof LawnSite Member

It's such a broad question, but here's what we're running at Freshcut Lawncare....

Line Trimmers - Husquvarna's, Echo's, & 1 Honda (Heavy)

Hedge Trimmer - Stihl's, formerly Kawa's

Stihl Line trimmer with Roto-tiller (amazing) and Hedge trimmer attachments

Mowers - Exmark ZTR's, Exmark WB, Kubota Mid-Mount(Money pit), John Deere Front Mount

Push Mowers - Honda 21" HRX's

Blowers - Echo PB 650's

...Don't know if this helps.... ;)

4. HK45Mark23

HK45Mark23 LawnSite Member

Shindaiwa and RedMax are #1. They are more reliable and smoother because the engines are better balanced. They are truly the king of the hill with Stihl being right at their door.

5. Quikcut

Quikcut LawnSite Member

HK45Mark23 is right on point. I don't know how true it is but a Shin dealer was telling me that after having all these companies spend millions on research in order to comply with the new emission standards Cali went and changed its requirements and now only the C4 technology from Shin and the Strato from Red Max comply. I demoed the C4 it's powerful but a bit heavier than my Red Maxs.

I'm looking to purchase some new hedge trimmers so I'm very interested in the replys to this one.

As far as blowers there's no competition for Red Max right now which is why Shin buys thier engines.

I'm partial to Ferris WBs and don't have ZTR yet so looking forward to feedback here as well

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

In the last year or so, we have gone from all Echo to almost all Redmax...thankfully so too btw.

7. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

I own shindaiwa because I've opened up both stihls and shindaiwa's, and have seen the quality and high standards that shindaiwa has. the stihl was well built, but I think shindaiwa has a bit of an edge. I have not gotten a chance to look inside a redmax engine. the distributor is extremly slow on parts, or so says the dealer, so I haven't bothered to buy one.

8. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

We had some old echo stuff - went to Kawa. Great machines. Dealer dropped them b/c of sales and stirctly has Red max and maruayma. Since last fall we have 6 handheld blowers and 8 trimmers - all red max. I still like of Kawa hedge trimmer though. The design, the feel of the machine, and it takes a beating but keeps going all day. All our chainsaws our husky and Jonsreed - the newer saws being a jonsreed.

9. Mancinioldhorse

Mancinioldhorse LawnSite Member

String trimmers >Shindawa no contest...Bulletproof
    hedge trimmers>shindawa...see above
    21' commercial mowers>Toro...great cut...Honda's are too heavy
    Blowers> Echo...takes alickin and keeps on tickin
    chain saws>echo, stihl can't go wrong with either
    ZTR's undecided...i have had two still not sure
    walk behinds> not sure, Toro, exmark