Best Brand Of Tow Dump Trailer

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Strawbridge Lawn, Mar 31, 2004.

1. Strawbridge Lawn

Strawbridge Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Looking for a 6X12 Tow Dump Trailer and would like opinions
    on what brand is best for the money. Thank You

2. DJL

DJL LawnSite Member

I hate getting into the what brand is better, but I will give you what we have that we are happy with after one year of use.

Bri-Mar 14' Dump Trailer rated at 12k# GVWR. Options we opted for were the 4" lowering kit with stowable ramps that enables easier equipment loading, wide body (80" inside width), and two feature gate: (A) split barn door and (B) bottom swing out (not really sure of the technical term). The lift mechanism is two rams, NOT a scissor or just one. Not sure of the size. We paid around 7k after taxes, additional wooden sides, and a tarp roller.

3. Bill Davis

Bill Davis LawnSite Senior Member

I have a big tex trailer and have been very happy with it over the last year.

4. Potomac Lawns Inc.

Potomac Lawns Inc. LawnSite Senior Member

we have an ez-dumper has ben great no problems

5. racerdave

racerdave LawnSite Senior Member

I have had an H&H for about five years now, and I'm really happy with it. It came with a convertalbe tailgate which works like a dumptruck or swings down lika a pick-up. Its a 6.5'x12' 6 ton
    pd $5000 for it.

6. Strawbridge Lawn

Strawbridge Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Thank You.. I have been curious about the Brimar..Have seen more of them in this area and there price range is reasonable.
    Picking up as new truck today to enable pulling TDT.

7. lx665

lx665 LawnSite Member

I have a 7'x14' Pequea that has a 14,000 GVW rating. It is quality built. I'm very happy with it.

John

8. tawilson1152

tawilson1152 LawnSite Member

I've got a Cam Superline. I don't know if it's the best, but some of the features it has that I would look for in a dump trailer are: the hitch bolts on and you can adjust it up or down so you can match your ball mount, breakaway switch(this is probably standard on most anyways), the wiring harness is plenty long, the safety chains are heavy duty, and the wiring to the up/down switch should be long enough so you can sit in your truck and operate. If you wire your truck up so it charges the battery on the trailer, unplug it before you dump or you may blow fuses, which I did. I am glad I got a dump trailer. Besides the landscaping, debris aspect, I like being able to go get a few tons of crushed stone when I need it(there's a stone quarry 8 miles from my house).

9. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

I have been dumping mine without unplugging it from the truck. So far no problems with fuses.....Learn something new every day.

10. PSUturf

PSUturf LawnSite Senior Member

I've had a 6x10 EZ Dump for 1 year now with no major problems. The paint does seem to chip off pretty easily.

I'm assuming the GVW of your trailer will be 12000 lbs. Did you know that according to the Fed. Motor Carrier law you need a CDL to pull that trailer? I got my trailer with the 12000 lb GVW option and the MI State Police and county weighmaster both told me I needed a CDL.