Best Brand Single Axle Open Landscape Trailer?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by recycledsole, Oct 4, 2012.

1. recycledsole

recycledsole LawnSite Gold Member
    from MD

hey guys
    looking between sure trac, big tex, and holmes. i have heard the most good things about big tex. havent heard much else about anything
    going for a 6'X12' open trailer
    thanks

2. lazer 46

lazer 46 LawnSite Senior Member

I know it's not on your list but I just bought a 6x12 PJ open landscape trailer and it is the best built nicest trailer I've ever owned. It's got features that other comparible trailers don't have and it's priced right. Built rugged. Channel iron frame instead of angle iron. Radial tires. Enclosed lights,spring assist gate and the way the gate closes is really neat. Comes with a bulldog flip up jack instead of that permanent jack that hits the tailgate of my truck.

3. tinkerlawn

tinkerlawn LawnSite Member

^ I second that. We bought a PJ 6.5x12 new in 2003 and the wheels just keep on turning, this thing is a workhorse. Hopefully there is a PJ dealer near you.

4. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

Out of the three brands above I would get the sure trac. I almost bought one until I found a company called NNT. Trailer is built really nice. The sure tracs are nice though
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Pressedun

Pressedun LawnSite Fanatic

Love my Big Tex!

6. Tyler7692

Tyler7692 LawnSite Bronze Member

PJ. Awesome trailers, and bullet-proof.

7. charmill26

charmill26 LawnSite Senior Member

PJ's been my favorite brand

8. tbambersvc

tbambersvc LawnSite Member

PJ or Big Tex would be my vote.

9. thecuttingedgelawn

thecuttingedgelawn LawnSite Member

I'm kinda limited here, but I've always heard good things about H&H trailers also. Been looking at buying one the last couple years, just have spent my money on other more important things. Most of their floors are O channel steel and everything else is built heavy just like the floor.