best broadleaf control???

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by johnnywill08, May 29, 2008.

1. johnnywill08

johnnywill08 LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA z6

got a link????

2. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

johny what i do indoors is my business. and try getting a section 18 experimental use permit it really helps. or you can get a NDA from my lawyer and come and see for your self. and Bill can tell of an EPA X number he's ben there a dozen times

3. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

johnnywill08,
    It is on the organic lawn care site that you are posting on just scroll down a few messages

4. treegal1

and we are in organics for the reasons that we are a little forgetful, spill tea and you have bioremediated, spill roundup and its spill cleanup time. once we spilled a load of molasses, it was every where. a little hose action and a spill/ release form and that was it, nothing to it. the spill control guy from the fire department was upset that we even called. " i got out of bed for this" and " 1 hour of paper work for stuff that gets used to clean chem spills".

5. mrkosar

mrkosar LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

how often do you spray? do you have any pics?

6. mrkosar

mrkosar LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Abeez or anyone spot treating with Green Guardian can you tell me how often you are spraying and what you an estimation of what you are charging? also, if you have any pics to show the results would be great. i just don't see how spraying 3 times in 4 weeks to get 50% control of weeds is profitable. also, i haven't seen the results that green guardian shows with their pics.

one more question: are you guys spot treating with the 14-0-? or the 5% stuff? how are you not burning up lawns if it is the 14% stuff?

7. johnnywill08

johnnywill08 LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA z6

bump this please.... cmon jedi masters, school us rooks! this is the weakest part of my program (as i still use 2-4d)..... by the way, nice to see a sox fan from as far as ohio!

8. DeepGreenLawn

DeepGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

There is not a good "organic" selective weed killer other than your own two hands. I use this 80% of the time and it doesn't take that long. I do not do maintenance so they tend to get to be more than you would if you were out there every week.

On the over run yards I will use 2-4d. And then pull what I find after that.

9. greenguy08

greenguy08 LawnSite Member
    from ohio

burn out and scythe are excellent products. I believe the burn out is omri listed. The scythe is not, but it is a non- toxic, all natural product- the active ingredient is a fatty acid. There are lots of organic herbicides that are VERY effective. Google Ohio Earth Food. They do mail order and can answer your questions.

10. treegal1

the SCYTHE is all natural, they say that they are going to try to get it certified next year 09, LETS JUST HOPE!!! we use it a little to get things started, after that its mostly by hand!!! what is this green guardian???