Best Business Names

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Likestomow, Oct 20, 2000.

1. Likestomow

Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member

I am going to have to change my business name. I chose QUALITY LAWN CARE this year in the spring. I checked the phone book and didn't find a one. I registered my name with the SOS office, so I do "own" it, but now I've found others in town using "Quality" in their name.

I know I could push the issue with them because I'm registered, but I really don't want all the hassle that goes with doing that. I've been doing some small landscaping projects also, and now I want to somehow work that into my name if possible.

I'm going to keep my slogan, "Expect The Best", which I thought went very well with the word Quality.

My nephew is using the name, "A Sharper Image". I'd like to find something catchy like that.

So, please let the creative juices flow….<G>
  2. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I am a firm believer in using your real name as your business name. I think this shows that you are proud of your business and stand behind what you do.Just my opinion,please don't get upset.
  3. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

My friend's business is called "Quality Lawn Maintenance". There is also "Quality Lawn Service" in the area. He has gotten phone calls confusing the two names. A typical customer won't see the differance.
  4. Stinger

Stinger LawnSite Senior Member

Here's some company names from our neck of the woods:
    Clean Cut
    Grounds Control
    Green Grass Inc.
    Creative Visions
    Crusader Landscaping
    Evergreen Landscape Svcs.
    You could be Quality Lawn Maintance and Landscape
    or Quality turf management
    or Quality Landscape Services
    I think Quality should be what they remember so put it first
    when discribing yourself. Then when people see you they will say there's Quality! Kind of catchy huh? good luck.

5. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

I really like "The Grass Barber". A friend of mine uses that name.

6. pottstim

pottstim LawnSite Senior Member

Ray, I like that Grass Barber..pretty cool name. Some friends of mine down the road have a full service landscape business and they call it "Hayseed Landscaping" , which i think is a great name too.

7. Lawn Cruiser

Lawn Cruiser LawnSite Member

I think that that sounds like a good name. Personaly I like Lawn Cruisers Landscaping (my name of choice) I pick this because I am a Land Cruiser fanatic.
  8. stick9

stick9 LawnSite Senior Member

How about 'Extra Step blah blah' .. but you can only use it if you do extra things (like blow off the porch and take up the cans .. stuff like that.)

9. Vandora Lawn & Landscape

Vandora Lawn & Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

I like my name, of course. It's Vandora (my name) Lawn & Landscape. Not catchy, but rather classy.
  10. RYAN

RYAN LawnSite Member

We have a LAWN Barbers in my area some other good ones around here are:

Personal Lawn Care
    Yard Smart
    Cutting Edge Lawn Care
    Great Lakes Lawn Care
    Down to Earth Lawn and landscape