Best Business Smartphone?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by APLUS LAWN CARE, Aug 7, 2014.

1. APLUS LAWN CARE

APLUS LAWN CARE LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from North Missouri

I am getting ready to upgrade my smartphone and I am looking for input on the best smartphone for business.

I currently have an iPhone 4. I haven't really had any problems with it but I think I would like to get away from the iPhone.

I've pretty well narrowed it down to the Blackberry Z30 and the Samsung Galaxy S5. I'm having trouble picking between the two but I am also open to other suggestions.

What does everyone use? What are the advantages and disadvantages of the phone you use as it relates to running your business?

Thanks!

2. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

Samsung by a long shot

I had 4s. Went to s4. And now back to 5s.

Also have a lumia 1520. It's eh. Replacing that soon
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

I like the ease of use and interface of Samsung but the durability lacked a lot. I'm currently using the nexus 5 and love it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. whiffyspark

I'm intrigued by that phone as well. Also looked at the b15
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

Its an unlocked LG phone, you get all google/android updates first including newer OS as they are released.

6. whiffyspark

I know tony on here tried to get me I get it. But you know I didn't listen lol

Ended up with that lumia because of the screen
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. GREENWITHENVY1

GREENWITHENVY1 LawnSite Member

Samsung NOTE 2.

8. Triple L

Triple L LawnSite Senior Member

BlackBerry all the way, you can run any android apps on it and use both app stores... amazing battery life on my z30
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. APLUS LAWN CARE

APLUS LAWN CARE LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from North Missouri

Personally, I was kind of leaning towards the Blackberry Z30 because it is built to be a business phone. I also like the operating system compared to Android. I am not a fan of the Android operating system but I do like the 16 MP camera on the Galaxy S5 as well as the high resolution screen. I don't think I could argue that the Galaxy S5 is a superior phone but I don't know that it would be the right phone for me.

I have heard a lot of good things about the Z30's battery life. I think I read somewhere that it is supposed to last 25 hours with moderate use which I find to be pretty amazing.

10. slowleak1

slowleak1 LawnSite Senior Member

blackberries are a thing of the past.

I have an s3 and note 2 that I swap back and forth between. Used to have iphones. Honestly its all personal preference. There are things the iphone did that the droid didnt do as well and vice versa.