Best Buy for the Buck

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BVLAWNCARE, Nov 19, 2004.

BVLAWNCARE LawnSite Member

Hey, how is everyone doing tonight?
    I was sitting here and starting to get preped for next season and I am going to be buying another mower. This time I'm looking at a 36" and I'm trying to decide to get a Great Dane Super Surfer 36", Bob-Cat Gear Drive 36", Quick 36, and the Bunton 36" Gear drive. Alright, I know the Surfer is pretty expensive but I need your opinions of what I should buy. I know the deck size I need right now but not what brand you guys thing is the best from these four. Any feedback is appreciated, thanks guys.
  2. wissel_landscaping

wissel_landscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

Out of those four i would say bob cat, i would look at the cub cadet 36" 13 hp $2199 or the wright stander 36 15hp $5100
  3. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

how often are your going to use it?

if it's for very limited use I would go with the quick 36. it's a single hydro unit so you have to turn it manually, but that shouldn't be to hard. it weighs around 300lbs.

BVLAWNCARE LawnSite Member

Thanks for the reply, but I just remebered the Scag, between a Bob-Cat and Scag, what would you recommend?
  5. nitrotim

nitrotim LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

Hi, I am in the process of starting a Lawn care and maintenance buisness and in preparation I was pricing the wright standard 36 as I will probably be doing mostly residentials at first. I was quoted a price of $4415 with gator blades and the grass gobler catcher. I guess from the prices mentioned here on this thread thats a good price. I was really impressed with the wright machine the only thing I heard negative about them (the salesman pointed this out) was that the deck height adhustment was not as easy as on other machines.
  6. Duramax99

Duramax99 LawnSite Member

Bob-cat and bunton are the same machine both made by textron. I would go with the 36" bobcat/kawi 14 HP engine.
  7. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

I would get the Bob cat. There are a lot of them around and they are one of the best I think. You can't go wrong buying one.