Best Choice for a new 72" mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Mrplowcjc, May 14, 2009.

1. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

Bobcat will be affordable and a very good machine for the money. Only available in gas though. But I assume if you want cheap you know diesel is probably not in the cards.

2. CowboysLawnCareDelaware

CowboysLawnCareDelaware LawnSite Senior Member
    from DE

You are right about the cost, I would rather have the lighter choice in a machine, although some weights are closing the gap.

-Michael

3. weaver

weaver LawnSite Bronze Member

Yah.. i saw 72 37 bob cat mowers for 7995 on Ebay
    .. they looked really good as far as quality..
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. WREBELMACHINE

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

Were those new bobcats?

5. weaver

6. CowboysLawnCareDelaware

CowboysLawnCareDelaware LawnSite Senior Member
    from DE

brand new with a residential warranty though.

Michael

7. weaver

It really is a full commercial unit. It's 2 year or 2000 hour commercial..

8. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

Take a 72" Scag TT, Exmark 72", Bobcat 72", and the Hustler Super Z with the new HyperDrive hydraulic system out and give each a fair demo on average rough terrain. It will take you about 5 minutes to figure out you would not flip a coin between the cut quality, but you will find a difference of night and day in favor of the Hustler Super Z in smoothness of operation, and quality of ride. The longer wheel base, heavier weight of the 72", and hydraulic system makes it far superior in operation and ride.

9. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

I do not personally own a 997, but I can comment that the 7 iron on my 7H19 walk behind cuts better on 90% of lawns than my exmark does. On watered and well fertilized lawns it goes to the exmark, but on weedy, tall, crap lawns ,my Deere is king. Would imagine its the same for the 72" decks

10. aroddy

aroddy LawnSite Senior Member

If you have a ferris dealer around- you really should check out the 3100Z with the 37hp Kawi DFI and the 72'' ICD deck. I sell them but I also own one and we mow 20 acres with it once a week in the spring and it's CRAZY what that thing will do!!! Not the most economical pick out there but for the $$$...its tough to beat