Best commercial blower under $400?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by M50V, May 23, 2013.

1. echo

echo LawnSite Bronze Member

I run a 580 all the time. I have an echo 500 that I like a lot but it just sits. Once you have the power its hard to go back. The 580 can be found new pretty often on ebay for under $500 shipped from pantano power equipment, a sponsor here. Its where I got mine.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. M50V

M50V LawnSite Member

how is this price for a Stihl BG 86? Do we have a forum sponsor selling at a lower price?

3. M50V

M50V LawnSite Member

Are the makita commercial blowers any good?
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

M50V, My Stihl dealer is $249.95 for the same BG 86 so I'd say that's a really good price. You won't find anyone selling Stihl online, some dealers offer an online reserve so your machine will be ready for pickup at your dealer.

I know some dealers will give you a discount for buying more than one piece of equipment at a time.
  5. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

husky 150bt uses a redmax engine-not kawi as the older huskys did
  6. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

Dolmar uses Makita (actually Makita/Numazu) true 4-stroke engines with a separate oil sump so they run on straight gas. They offer a handheld as well as a backpack:

I bought and use Dolmar's BP ($400 + tax) and am finding it to be excellent/reliable for my mow/trim/blow/go route. 2 pulls first start, 1 pull rest of day. IFF I'm fast enough getting the choke lever off, it will start on the first pull in the morning. Very comfortable and around 70% the size of a RedMax 8001 as well as a couple pounds lighter.

I did not price a Dolmar handheld blower.
  7. JimsLocalLawn

JimsLocalLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Tanaka / Hitachi is the most powerful handheld blower made that I am aware of. As far as durability I have not a clue, just know reviews even say its as powerful as a backpack blower!

I also agree the husky 125b is amazing.... I owned it, very reliable, affordable, and powerful (around $150)

This year I went with brand loyalty and got the stihl BG86 for $220 from my dealer. The husky was almost just as powerful and cost much less. The stihl does take all kinda attachments tho. Husqvarna has impressed me in the recent years, their products are getting better and better while other brands seem to decline.

Bottom line for leaf removal... buy a backpack!
    for cleaning sidewalks, driveways, etc after mowing.... get a handheld.
  8. Valk

I say go backpack all the way and don't look back. You can power down a backpack to HH power, but not vice-versa.
    ~When it's time to clear a double-wide+ driveway and/or blow out underneath a parked vehicle...
    ~When it's time to blow the matted down/dried or wet tree crud in the street gutter into the lawn before mowing...

A backpack is a true time-saver.
    My Maruyama handheld blower sits at home unless I need to get on a roof for pine needle sweeping duty.
  9. jkilov

jkilov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MS

I vote for Shindaiwa EB802.
  10. Valk

Are these really less than $400?