Best commercial blower under $400?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by M50V, May 23, 2013.

1. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

no . another person that dosnt look at the topic before they post. and for the last time -makita dosnt make gas engines!!!!-the dolmar 4 stroke is a ROBIN ENGINE!!!!!

2. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

I'm quoting from the Dolmar product guide in my hand right now. It lists the engine manufacturer for all their 4-stroke engines as "Makita Numazu". You may very well be correct...but, just sayin'.
    :)

3. jkilov

jkilov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MS

Another poster that doesn't read threads, check post #5. At $500 I doubt the EB802 will break anyone's budget.

And yes that engine is made by Fuji Heavy industries. With only 3.0 hp I doubt it even compares to the EB802.

4. Valk

The 75.6cc Dolmar 4-stroke engine made by Makita Numazu is rated at 3.8hp.

5. jkilov

jkilov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MS

6. Valk

That's cool...was just pointing out what I had read in Dolmar's product catalog. Thanks for the verification.

While I was hoping this Dolmar BP blower 4-stroke engine would be along the lines of my Honda-35cc-trimmer~quiet...it is quieter than my RM 8001, just not by a significant margin. The RM has a deep/industrial tone to it, while this Dolmar sounds more like an airplane. Anytime a lot of air is being moved, it just plain gets loud.

Not sure if anyone would be totally disappointed in this Dolmar BP blower, but I'm quite sure no one will be wowed by it...unless they've never owned an upper echelon BP. For the price ($400) coupled with the performance & lack of 2-stroke oil + stench...I recommend it!

I only carry straight gas (e-free) now as all my daily equip is 4-stroke, which is a definite convenience in and of itself. Regular 87 octane, too. Though, I do fill up with premium once in awhile (when I have to)...and can't say I've noticed any difference in performance.