Best commercial grade walk behind under 3k

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by timmaay2244, Jul 8, 2006.

1. timmaay2244

timmaay2244 LawnSite Member
    from Mass

Hey guys I am in the market for a new walk behind under 3 k. There are so many. I need a 48 inch or larger, any reccomendations?? Thanks in advance.

2. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

You will probaly be able to find a nice Toro in that price range. Are you looking for a Hydro or Belt drive mower ? What is your dealer options ?

If your looking for a belt drive then I would have to recomend a Toro with a t-bar controls. If your looking at a hydro then I would say spend a lil more and get a Huster or find a slightly used Hustler.

3. timmaay2244

from Mass

I am looking for a gear driven one, however the decks on the toro (non fixed decks)look un stable, looks just lik the ones on their home owner zero turns which i have had a bad experience with. I ned to find price son the toro, any other suggestions.

4. TriCountyLawn

Toro's commercial deck and homeowner decks are very different. I have to really recomend a Hydro walk there alot more effecient and takes less of a toll on you at the end of a day. Take a look at lesco's walkbehinds.

I would stay away from pistol grip and exmark ECS controls if at all possible.

5. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

If you can demo one, Try the gravely 15/48. But please demo it first.

6. timmaay2244

from Mass

I do not think i can afford a hydro, they are simply too expensive, and i will take the gravely into concideration.

7. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

You can purchase a belt drive 48 inch BoB-Cat for about $3,000 brand new here in Maryland. Toro 44 inch $3300 with T-Bar.

8. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

eXmark metro 48/15 w/ kawi motor with grass gobbler, velke and mulch kit for $3200 here. Of course you can just get the mower for around $2800 ECS controls are the best controls EVER!

9. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

The gravely for being a belt drive has...An easy to adjust deck (4Pins),16" tires and top speed 7MPH.

10. TriCountyLawn

Have you used any controls other then ECS before ? Im courious as to what pepole like about them so much.