Best Commercial Mower Walk-behind

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by mach14604, Feb 28, 2013.

1. KV9064

KV9064 LawnSite Member

check out a Hustler Trimstar 48" or a Snapper Pro SW20 48" both are really nice mowers for about $1500.00 cheaper than Exmark and Scag . They also come in 36" if thats what you really need,

2. SIRKY

SIRKY LawnSite Member

I own a 36 scag belt drive I bought 16 years ago it was my first mower I ever bought to start my business. We still use it to this day never had 1 problem with it. I just think you would be better off just to keep your 36 belt as it is light enough to man handle anyway. Thats just my opinion though.

3. DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING

DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member

Classic!
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING

DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member

Keep the 36,and pick yourself up a 48 or 52 v ride
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. mountainmowinman

mountainmowinman LawnSite Member

Parts availability and dealer support are also important to consider when choosing a machine. Ergonomics of the mower is EXTREMELY important. Remember when you are using this moneymaker day in and day out you
    want something that won't beat you to death. I personally use Exmark
    because of our hilly uneven terrain, and the ECS handles are a good fit for
    me as I'm 5' 11". Try them all out and see which one suits you the best.

6. brc1989

brc1989 LawnSite Member

Hmm guess I learned something new about myself today........

7. Armsden&Son

Armsden&Son LawnSite Silver Member

Hmmmmmm. No comparison? None? That's pretty weird there Ddixon7... OH! I know why! You must have those little girly girl hands right? "Ouch! my hands hurt from this belt drive! Boo Hoo !!!!! And Efficiency? What are you crazy! Any machine, and I mean any machine is only as efficient as it's operator..... That being said, I would blow smoke on you using a 36 scag! I would let you use any 36 that you want and you would still lose big time.... Hey, I don't hate hydros or anything but to make a blanket statement that all hydros are more efficient than belts is just irresponsible when someone is coming here looking for legit information....

8. Armsden&Son

Armsden&Son LawnSite Silver Member

You rule Sirky!

9. SIRKY

SIRKY LawnSite Member

I agree with armsden quite a bit. If you are crazy enough to go spend over 5 grand on a 46 hydro iys clear that your not in this business to make money. I can buy a 36 belt on craigslist for about a grand if you find a 36 hydro on craigslist your gonna pay at least 2500-3000, and incase you dont know that will buy you a decent 52 hydro WB, and if your doing residentials the 52 is gonna be your most versatile mower to use. Remember were in this business to make money which is already a challenge with the rising fuel, and exuipment prices.

10. brc1989

brc1989 LawnSite Member

He probably shouldn't have said all hydros are better but there's a reason why all large scale commercial companies and most smaller residential businesses use almost entirely hydro driven walkbehinds they pretty much all have faster ground speeds are more efficient on hills and are more responsive.