Best commercial mower

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Kiray, Aug 8, 2006.

1. Kiray

Kiray LawnSite Member
    from Kansas

Hi, I'm going to be starting my own landscaping business in Arkansas and was curious to know what you guys feel is the best commercial riding lawn mower. I have a lot of experience with Walkers and Dixons, but they don't tend to tackle hills very well, which there will be plenty of in Arkansas. So, in your opinions, what is the best commercial mower for durability, realiability, and handling steep hills?
  2. GravyTrain

GravyTrain LawnSite Senior Member

I'm a bit confused, Kansas? or Arkansas? If Arkansas, what part?
  3. there is no best mower, its whatever you want it to be.
  4. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

Hey, welcome to the site. Get ready. This gets about as much debate as Ford vs. Chevy.:laugh:
  5. Kiray

Kiray LawnSite Member
    from Kansas

I'm sorry, I live in Kansas currently but am moving to Bella Vista Arkansas, which is near Bentonville.
  6. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

What dealers are in your area? Which of those dealers do you think is the best? That would be the one to go with. Everyone has an opinion but its going to be up to you. All the major AMERICAN brands are a great choice, it just depends upon dealer service and support in your area! IMO, stay away from them bradley/red hawk mowers. There is a reason they are cheaper. You get what you pay for!
  7. horsequick

horsequick LawnSite Member

Since you're moving to Arkansas, get a BadBoy mower. While it's difficult to say which mower is best overal...but i hear they are the BEST for the MONEY.