Best Commercial Riding Mower??????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by horseman201, Feb 10, 2002.

1. horseman201

horseman201 LawnSite Member

What is the best Commercial riding mower on the market? We are looking to expand our business this year with a new riding mower and we aren't sure what to get. Let me know what you think and PLEASE tell me why.

2. John Deer 8100

20' tow bat wing mower.

I like the 8100 because it has air conditioning, AM/FM/CD, and an air ride seat.

I can even talk on the two way or phone, while mowing.

It's also duels in the back and four wheel drive so it doesn't get stuck often, but if it does, the 4050 will pull it out.

Good Luck and try a search on this. It has been beaten to death.

My mowers of choice are shown below.

3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

LGF, your not saying there is tons of info on this subject already, are you? :D

I love eXmark. I have w/b and Lazer HP's. Great mowers and the manufacterer support is awesome.

BTW, your from the home of JACK DANIELS! I've been trying to get over there for a plant tour for a couple of years now. Maybe this summer will be the year!

4. slplow

slplow LawnSite Senior Member

Walker,Exmark, DC's Scags and Huslers . They are all great mowers. I own walkers because I catch the clippings on my lawns and it saves me alot of time.

5. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Now everybody knows that Dixie Chopper is hands down the best commercial mower on the market;) , if they don't then they need to wake up and smell the grass that it'll cut in a days time!

Of course I'm a little biased since I still make payments on mine. Give each one a demo and see what you like and what you can afford..........ain't none of em cheap so think long and hard so you'll be happy with your decision.

6. NJemerald

NJemerald LawnSite Member
    from NJ

If your "spitting" ... Dixie Chopper
    If your "collecting"... Walker
    we collect 90% of our clippings, so we use 3 Walkers and a 21" Snapper

7. Mowman

Mowman LawnSite Senior Member

what you want to do with it. If you collect leaves in the spring and fall I'd go with a Walker. Then buy the 52"SD deck and run it with DOUBLES 90% of the time and just bag when NEEDED.
    Just what I'd do. I myself run a Walker with the 52"SD deck all the time. I don't own a GHS model. I like the way the Walker cuts and stripes, and I don't have much of any trimming to do as it can go places that a Mid-Mount won't.
    If your going to be cutting LARGE acres I'd invest in a Dixie, or other Mid-Mount that can really ROCK on the larger properties.
    Good Luck,
    Mowman

8. turfman59

turfman59 LawnSite Senior Member

So if I understand you Mowman you pass on Big commercial props because of the walkers slow ground speed. I am considering a Walker Mower should I look for all small Residential accounts under 15000 sq ft or could I get a larger deck like the 62 side discarge a be able to accomplish productive commercial accounts like assembly facilities, manufacturing ect.???
    SSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEE Ya!!!

9. Mowman

Mowman LawnSite Senior Member

would buy a Mid-Mount. The Walker would work if you had the right set-up. Walker MTSD w/26EFI 62"SD deck and a speed-up kit. My Walker only has the 20HP and the 62"SD is just too much deck for the 20HP. Also with the Dixie you can get it with a 72" Deck. Don't get me WRONG I LOVE my Walker, but there are other mowers more suited to FLAT OUT CUTTING. Hope this explains things a little better.
    Mowman