Best Commercial Walk Behind Mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jrg_2127, Mar 24, 2009.

1. jrg_2127

jrg_2127 LawnSite Member
    from Oshkosh

I am looking to buy a quality 36" walk behind mower. I am looking for the one that produces the highest quality mow. Any brand suggestions.

2. flatlander42

flatlander42 LawnSite Silver Member

start read'n

3. luis@NJ

luis@NJ LawnSite Senior Member

Bobcat may not be the best but they are decent and not so much $$$$$. But if you have money toro or scag is a better choice

4. Trenchblade

Trenchblade LawnSite Senior Member

a mower is only as good as the dealer support and parts turn around. We use exmark because we have a great dealer that gets us parts fast and repairs that we do not do in house are turned around fast.

5. RonAyersMotorsports

RonAyersMotorsports LawnSite Senior Member

Check out a Hustler Trimstar at your local Hustler Dealer. Be sure to research your dealers as much as the mower. They make all the difference.

6. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

Here are just a few good ones: Toro, Exmark, Scag, Bobcat, and Wright. I would go and shop around if I were you.

7. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

The most bang for your buck is the Hustler Trimstar. Hydro drive, single lever height adjustment (new models), easy H-Bar controls, built like a tank. The new models should be arriving in stores by the end of April.

8. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

Aren't those fairly pricey though?

9. Okiebug003

Okiebug003 LawnSite Member

Don't forget Gravely.

10. wacky zachy

wacky zachy LawnSite Member
    from mass

i am selling a 48 walk behind bobcat excellent condition machine with sulky and grass catcher $2300 b/o email me at
    phowe15comcast.net if interested