Best commercial weedeater under $400?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by M50V, May 23, 2013.

1. M50V

M50V LawnSite Member

Is redmax or shindaiwa any good?

2. M50V

M50V LawnSite Member

So which one?

3. redmax fan

redmax fan LawnSite Bronze Member

I obviously like redmax . and ive done a lot of reading at lawn forums past 7 years and shindaiwa has a great rep . I pay attention to lawn company trux equipment rax on the road and in my area its always redmax - stihl - shindiawa vast majority of time

4. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

5. wssolutions

wssolutions LawnSite Member
    from NE Ohio

I have 2 Echo SRM-266U with the high capacity speed feed head. This is a handle bar type with the four point harness. It does not fatigue the user even after hours of use. The speed feed takes under a minute to reload, especially if you have 20 foot pieces precut, just line up holes to arrows, feed half way through and wind. And you can put a blade on it as well. Beside normal applications, we use these for mowing a 3000 foot long, 30 to 45 degree, hill that is 30 feet wide. IMO I would recommend them.

6. KL3

KL3 LawnSite Member

I'm an Echo guy and have been running them for almost 30 years. Have always gotten my money's worth out of them. Line trimmers, hedge trimmers and blowers.

7. Choppin

Choppin LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Sthil FS 90 way under powered... Echo 225 for the price decent trimmer... Marayauma BT23L is my favorite and my helpers favorite... Way more power than the FS 90 and very light... The Marayauma has seen lots of abuse and has a good warranty... For $229 I'm fixing to buy another one soon.... Been running two helpers the last two weeks and they leave the FS 90 on the trailor so I'm stuck with the piece...
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Stihl FS90R is my weapon of choice.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Choppin-
    if you think your FS90 is underpowered, maybe you need to adjust the valves or soemthing. I can run mine with the hedger, edger, polesaw and powersweeper with no problems. As a trimmer, it has more than enough for any trimming app. A lot more than my 223L and I think that is more than enough, especially with the right line.

10. beaver29

beaver29 LawnSite Senior Member

For weekly use the Husky 326L, for power to weight ratio nothing beats the Stihl FS100RX in my opinion.