Best commercial weedeater under $400?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by M50V, May 23, 2013.

1. Choppin

Choppin LawnSite Senior Member

I had some trouble one time out of the throttle cable but I fixed it and haven't had anymore trouble... I have had it for one and half mowing seasons running 5 or so hours a day and it been great besides the throttle cable... They are def above others in power to CC ratio... Just my observations...
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. magicmike

magicmike LawnSite Senior Member

3. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

i have the small maruyama too and its a little monster. best overall trimmer desighn i have seen . my fav trimmer out of all the ones i have used. too bad there are so few dealers so many never get to try their products. i could run all maruyama and be happy. just dont have a dealer

4. Choppin

Choppin LawnSite Senior Member

Glad someone else agrees... They have more power than you can imagine for such a small power head...
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. slowleak1

slowleak1 LawnSite Senior Member

I have tried all kinds of things to fix it. I have helped it, but not FIXED it. They need to do away with the soft grip and put some kind of plastic sleeve in there to hold that cable in place.

If it wasnt for that I would probably run it more, but when there is that super light weight 210 sitting right next to it I cant resist.

I would love to try out a smaller maryauma, and even give a fs90 another whirl, but my echos just wont die so I am holding out for now.

6. M50V

M50V LawnSite Member

Is this a good price, on the FS90R? IF not, do we have forum sponsors selling for a lower price?

FS90R.jpg

7. slowleak1

slowleak1 LawnSite Senior Member

Ive seen it at my dealer for $279. It was during the winter, might have been a seasonal price.

8. M50V

M50V LawnSite Member

Ok

Would like to help a forum sponsor if possible and buy from them
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

The price in your pic is the MSRP and most dealers go by it when displaying their inventory. They have room to move, but usually won't unless you are buying a large purchase at one time. It's all right on Stihl's site to read regarding the pricing. While they can vary in price around the country, it's more dependant on the regional distributor pricing than the dealership itself.

All of them at every dealer I've been to in Mich (and that is actually quite a few spread out across a 100 mile radius) is the price shown in your pic.

10. M50V

M50V LawnSite Member

thanks for the valuable info