Best Compact Ztr Tiger Cub?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GREEN ACRES L&L, Oct 20, 2004.

GREEN ACRES L&L LawnSite Member

We Are Looking To Buy Two New Ztr's. Compact In Size. Dealer To Sell Us 48in Tiger Cubs For $5800. Is It The Best Compact Out There? Also Looked At Ferris Is 1000, Toro And Laser Z Hp. Any Suggestion Before I Decide Would Be A Big Help.
  2. nelbuts

nelbuts LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW, FL

Buy the Scags with the Kaw. The special price all summer on them was $5995.00 so I think it is a good price. I bought one last year as a trim mower for my Turf Tiger. Had Scags for 18 years and think they are very well built.
  3. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

That sounds like a good deal on the scag mowers. They are very well built machines. You also may want to check out Hustler and also check out the Bad Boy mowers if there is a dealer near you. The Bad Boy's are really just starting to catch on as they are a fairly new company. They are one of the sponsors for this site so you may wnat th check out their website

GREEN ACRES L&L LawnSite Member

What Is The Price On The Mini Hustler Z?
  5. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

I checked on those here in my area about a month ago, and they were going for $6700.00 for the 52".
  6. green acres lawns

green acres lawns LawnSite Senior Member

I have been very satisfied with my tiger cub( 52"/24hp honda). Like it better than my exmark lc lazer most of the time.
  7. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

Scag is a wise decision.

I have had most of the competitors in the past and will stick with the orange from now on.

8. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

IMO Scag is the best for me. I would highly reccommend.
  9. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I also purchased a scag tiger cub this spring, I am well pleased and would recommend it to any one. Maintenece is simple and easy to preform
    bugspit likes this.
  10. padude2004

padude2004 LawnSite Member

is the 19 horse kaw on the 52" tiger cub big enough? who has a response to the horse power question?? i ask because there is a huge price difference between the 19 horse kaw and the 24 horse honda!!!