Best companies/rates for liability insurance for pesticides?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Barefoot James, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Barefoot James

Barefoot James LawnSite Senior Member

If you don’t mind sharing what are the best insurance companies (and their rates) to get pesticide insurance from? My state requires 1,000,000 general liability and I have got several quotes from $1200 a year to $3200 a year. I’m currently under State Farm and pay $212 a month – do I have better options? What company is known to understand our industry and support it with fair pricing/policies? I’d like to save some money!

2. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

I am with Farm Family. State Farm won't even insure me on Long Island. I'm just a solo, but ball park numbers from Farm Family is $840 1 mil liability, 5k for equipment (theft) and another $150 for pesticides. In order to be eligable, I had to join the Long Island Farm Bureau, ($80) but that has some fringe benefits of it's own, like elective group health insurance and whatnot.

3. garydale

garydale LawnSite Senior Member

Do a search on this site. Its been discussed at length.

4. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

Call Erie Ins. James. I think they're hard to beat.

5. scweedman

scweedman LawnSite Senior Member

Find a company that can shop around for you.
    Whiteys price is right in line with what i am paying for the same coverage.

6. ATVracer

ATVracer LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

Erie Insurance has great rates. I pay something like $360 per year which includes the coverage you listed and they cover chemical applications.

7. GREEN-UP

GREEN-UP LawnSite Member
    from sw ohio

I just got a quote yesterday from my insurance guy from Erie Ins 2mil coverage under 700 a year for liability. Also got a cheaper one from Ohio Ins for 550 a year for 1mil. Those companies are supposedly the best at insuring people in our business.

8. grassyguy

grassyguy LawnSite Member

You guys have any links for these companies. Erie, Ohio, Etc.?

9. ATVracer

ATVracer LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

Just do a search for "Erie Insurance". When you get to their website you can find the local agents near you and contact them.