Best compliment????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by YardPro, Nov 21, 2004.

1. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

What's the best compliment you have ever beed paid?????

Ours was a few years ago. I was at our nicest property and a guy came up and started talking to me.
    He was a landscaper from raleigh and owned a vacation condo at this property.
    he complimented me on the work we did and said that every year he brings all his foreman down for the weekend to show them what a property should look like.
    I was floored. I needed a convertible that day my head was so big.

2. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

About 3 years ago I scalped a zoysia lawn. We do this so that the ground warms up quicker, which in turns will cause the grass to green up sooner. The gentleman said that they have lived there for 15 years and every year they hire someone new to scalp their lawn. He told said he has never seen anyone come more equiped and do the job and do as well of a job as myself. He also said (not really a compliment) I was the most expensive. I guess it follows the 'ol saying, you get what you pay for.

3. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

When i was working for a company a customer of ours who happens to be a TV announcer called and left a message about my crew and I saying we were the most professional people he had ever seen. The next week we were doing a cleanup on their house for a party and his wife brought us all out lunch and drinks and handed us each 50 bucks

4. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Best compliment..............................Here let me pay you before you leave!! on a 13k install, all in cash payup

Mac

5. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

I worked for one of the large nursery/ landsape outfits here after I had sold my business in Oregon for one summer and the owners told me I was the best gardner they had ever employed.

The mailman who delivers Lawyer/Doctor row told me I was the best Gardner in town and he said "and I would know because I see them all".

A really nice note coplimenting my work by the Ex Governor.

One of lawnsite's know-it-all's calling me a scrub because we disagree on cutting heights.....I am still smiling over that one. :)

6. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

I had a client say ....

"Has anyone told you that you do F$%#ing Good Work"

Gotta luv em adjectives

7. Bull

Bull LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

The best one I ever received was from my wife. Not so much in words as it was in sounds that she made and then she paid me when we were done.

8. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

One lady told me she "loved me, hope you never go out of business because I don't know what I'd do without you" All the while her husband is standing next to her, looking uncomfortable. Of course, they cancelled the next year...LOL

Another lady I was mulching for this spring, another LCO left a flyer on her door while I was there. One of those "any yard for $25" type of flyer. She looked at it and laughed, ripped it up and went back inside.

9. activelandscaping

activelandscaping LawnSite Member

Either way it sounds like a lotta Bull. :laugh: :laugh: :D

Regards,
    Active

10. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Best compliment?? how about a 94-96% retention rate each year??