1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Best Components

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting, Nov 24, 2007.

1. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

I would like to start building a library of resources and an understanding of water feature construction. My only experience so far as been what Aquascapes has sent me through my affiliation with Landscape Ontario.

Please tell me in your opinion, who the best manufacturers are and what specific components they build that are the best.

I have been an outdoor lighting contractor for the past decade and serve a high end market here. I have a preference for only the best components available.

Thanks for your help.
  2. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

STL Ponds and Waterfalls LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm sure this will start a big arguement, but stay with aquascape componants. I just strayed to a different company's skimmer and I HATE it! I did this because I was getting tired of ADI's pricing, but I will keep paying the price so I know I will get quality stuff from now on. Since you are in Ontario seek out Doug Harvey from ADI and he is a good wealth of info and a great speaker to boot.
  3. PaperCutter

PaperCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

I admire Aquascape's marketing- absolutely brilliant. In terms of quality pond components, though, I've been blown away by Russell Water Gardens. I no longer specify ADI products unless the client insists. STL, send me a pm if you're interested and I can give you the contact info for my supplier.
  4. n2h20

n2h20 LawnSite Senior Member

to me Savio products are superior to AS products.
    every thing from durability, to design, to quality of rubber/plastic they use.
  5. Venturewest

Venturewest LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with Savio for sure on their skimmer boxes and waterfall filters and waterfall wells.

I just started to list all the reasons they are superior to other manufacturers and I got tired. You will just have to look it up on their website.

I will say this. The mold for their skimmer box was over 2 million dollars. They put alot into their products.

I would say there are many better manufacturers than ADI now.

Here is a great wholesaler.

They carry all the best products at really good wholesale contractor pricing.
  6. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

Try these guys, excellent service. Highest quality products
    Their pumps can run with no water for days and are still fine