Best Cool Air Intake?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Turtle Creek Lawn Care, Nov 10, 2010.

1. Turtle Creek Lawn Care

Turtle Creek Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Hi, I have a 2006 Chevy 1500 5.3L v8 and I would like to put a cool air intake in it. What is my best bet for best brand for the money? Im not looking to break the bank here lol. Also what will increase my HP the most and etc.?

Thanks!
    Ryan

2. BlackBirdWS.6

BlackBirdWS.6 LawnSite Member

i think you mean cold air intake haha but go with a k&n best brand out there

3. Turtle Creek Lawn Care

Turtle Creek Lawn Care LawnSite Member

haha alright well my bad.. but ok thanks for the help

Ryan

4. kylesturf

kylesturf LawnSite Member

k&n i got one on my gas hog dodge and love it. worth ever penny.

5. Knight511

Knight511 LawnSite Member

All filter on tube intakes are pretty well the same... the K&Ns might have the heat shield that helps, but get a true cold air (filter outside of the engine bay) and you will be just as good.

6. PROPERTYLAWNSERVICELLC

PROPERTYLAWNSERVICELLC LawnSite Gold Member

sawzall would be the quickest cheapest thing for a "true cold Air" system or
    K@N

7. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

i just ordered a K&N cold air intake for my 2500HD...its supposed to be here on wednesday

8. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

The first thing that will increase your vehicle's performance is keeping up
    with ALL, or most, or as much as you can of ALL the standard maintenance.

That alone, just trying to keep up with all the standard maintenance is usually enough to
    keep you so busy and your wallet so busted that you won't have time nor money to fool
    around with any of that aftermarket ricer crack.

Seriously, your vehicle and you will benefit further from you just doing oil changes like
    you're supposed to than you riggering up the underside of the hood with ricer crack.

But whatever you do, make sure you keep the OEM stuff and either drive it until
    the wheels fall off or hope the next buyer is "hip" with all that extra ricer crack.
    Because guy like me, I take one look at that after you've fugged it up, and I won't buy it.
    No sir, won't touch that thing with a ten foot pole, ricer crack is a red flag, means it's time
    to start trotting and build speed to a fast gallop, hayhay hayo silver heeeya mule gtfo!

I'm telling you...
    MOST drivers never even change their automatic transmission fluid and filter.
    Fact is, if there's ricer crack on a vehicle, the chances that they kept up with any standard maintenance is even lower!
    You didn't think I wanted that kind of vehicle, did you?

Last edited: Nov 18, 2010
  9. aird208

aird208 LawnSite Member

I have a volant CAI on my titan and my brother has the K&N on his titan. Both work very well.

10. BlackBirdWS.6

BlackBirdWS.6 LawnSite Member

i disagree with that if the intake is just on a riced out vtak honda then yes its rice junk but on anything else its not, a CAI is good investment hp increase and in proved mpg (idk on a w/t hauling tho) and anyone can install one, good investment if you ask me