Best Customer Complaints!

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by carguyrob, Apr 29, 2010.

1. carguyrob

carguyrob LawnSite Member

Hi guys, I don't know if there's another thread about this or not, but I figure there has to be some pretty funny customer complaint stories out there. I've been in the biz about 10 years and have had some where it's all I can do to keep from busting out laughing. A few years ago I had one customer come out and stop me while mowing accusing me of having dull blades and leaving a sh*tty cut because my mower was leaving these stripes in their yard and it looked "just like a baseball field." (since a baseball field is the epitome of poor lawn maintenance.....). They went on to ask if there was a way I could remove the stripes from the yard! Trying to accommodate I went over the stripes in the opposite direction and promptly quit. What do you guys have?

2. nboeger4

nboeger4 LawnSite Member

hahahaha thats funny. ill have to do some thinking. i cant think of one off the top of my head.

3. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Ditto, I'm sure I have a couple. Well heck, I actually had one today, nothing really funny I suppose. I hacked down the shrubs at a ladies house almost a month ago, saw her today and she says I didn't cut them enough because they are already sprouting back pretty good. I tried not to laugh and explained to her it's the joy of spring when everything is growing like crazy.

4. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

Best one I have heard was "Your mowing the yard to fast".

5. carguyrob

Yeah I've heard that one, usually old people wanting you to have to work a long time for your money. I had one older lady say that one of her friends said the big riders are so heavy they will crack sidewalks and driveways. I asked her why her car wasn't cracking the driveway and she said she didn't keep it in the same spot for very long.........where do people come up with this stuff??????

6. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

i cant believe someone would actually think a ZTR would crack their driveway:dizzy::dizzy:

7. ajslands

ajslands LawnSite Silver Member

I had a guy (bystander) said I was in a pissed off mood cuz I was mowing an acre commercial property at full speed.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. ajslands

ajslands LawnSite Silver Member

I had a guy think a jeep with stump grinder on the back would crack his driveway.

He also bought my f250 (diesel) would crack the driveway. :laugh:
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. carguyrob

at least it's good for some comedic relief...I had a lady ask me if sticks would hurt her lawn...wtf!?

10. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

I heard this one last year after an install.

" It's look good, almost too good, can you make it look less good. ":hammerhead: