1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Best Customer Complaints!

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by carguyrob, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Field King

Field King LawnSite Senior Member

Not on the exact story line here but years ago a customer asked for a free sample of my asphalt sealcoating, I sealed a 4x4 foot square on his unsealed driveway (I warned him) then he scratched his head and stated "I have to have it sealed now"

2. Natural Impressions

Natural Impressions LawnSite Member

I've had that. Been told they think they are paying to much because I get it done really fast.

3. Natural Impressions

One lady thought I wasnt cutting her lawn because I wasn't cutting all her dandelions. I asked her if she thought I was riding the mower with my blades not running and she said yes. She fired me because of this.:hammerhead::dizzy::confused:

4. alanauer

alanauer LawnSite Member

"Pastor, I know churches are having a difficult time, which is why I've been patient. And I'm sure some work is done for you by your members who volunteer. But when you hire an outside professional you have to pay what you contracted for. My accountant insists I pay my expenses, and the only times I've not been paid for my work has involved churches, so we can't let it go.

I don't want to sully your good name, but once we enter a Small Claims action and are interviewed by a reporter, it's public. Unless you give me a check for the full amount today it will be too late. If it makes a difference, you can post-date it three days."

5. hoyboy

hoyboy LawnSite Senior Member
    from Chicago

I had a customer actually call us up and complained that the grass was TOO GREEN! Whahh???

6. Natural Impressions

Why don't people realize that they aren't paying you $80 for the job. They are paying $80 for the service. You are an employee of your business and you pay yourself through your business. I get this all the time and I hate it. If they want to pay $10 an hour go find the local kid and his 21 inch mower.

7. Natural Impressions

I'd tell her it must be too hot out to pay my bills too.

8. Texas Lawn

Texas Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

i just start crying. Nothing like seeing a grown man cry, they feel sorry for me, apologize, and pay me.

9. MooseMan89

MooseMan89 LawnSite Member

LMAO!!! AGhahahaha! That is great man!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

10. kodak mowing

kodak mowing LawnSite Member

yep heard that one,guy told me it looked like nascar with me flying around leaving streaks,i told him the streaks are cause of his extremely overgrown johnson grass that he only wanted mowed every 3 weeks,so i told him if i cant mow it atleast every two weeks or find someone else the yard hasnt been mowed since last august grass touching his roof,lol