Best Customer Complaints!

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by carguyrob, Apr 29, 2010.

1. STL Cuts

STL Cuts LawnSite Senior Member

Thats messed up, can't believe someone would actually say that.

:laugh:

lmao these are great.

2. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I actually got fired from a job from making a property look too good. The lady was afraid her taxes were going to go up, lol.

Another lady complained I wasn't mowing part of her front yard. I had her show me. It was the flower bed!

I had one older couple complain that I mowed all the lawn areas on the same day. They said they'd lived there for over 40 years and had never mowed the whole lawn in one day.

Oh, and the people that complain that you didn't mow the weeds in the gravel driveway. Yah, I'm gonna turn my blades on in a pile of pea gravel!

3. Total Grounds Maintenance

Total Grounds Maintenance LawnSite Member

Had 2 odd ones in the past 2 weeks. First guy likes his lawn scalped and I mean scalped and in some spots down to the dirt. I only found this out after he told me I was leaving it to long (2") so I could come every week and charge him. He said it looked like crap at 2" and to take it down to 1/2"! I gladly did it and had scalp marks everywhere! Then he said "looks good" I was like what??????? I tried to explain that no matter how short I cut it it is still going to grow out of his 1/2'' preference and he didn't understand and said it grows slower when its scalped. I said yeh when its scalped and no grass in there after!!!!!

Second one, the lady calls me and says there are clipping left on her when she comes back from the community pool and her feet are wet. I told her the pool ain't even open yet and she says well when its wet out. Then I told her to dry her feet and take off her shoes before she goes in her house. Then I explained I don't bag the 11 acre complex unless it goes way over a week without cutting and she said can you just bag my area!!

4. RHR101

RHR101 LawnSite Member
    from NY

Had a customer ask if I could turn a 15' spruce tree around because it looked better on the other side. I told her it may be easier to leave the tree where it is and turn the yard around. She said OK whatever you think is best.

5. M RASCOE&SONS

M RASCOE&SONS LawnSite Bronze Member

i had a customer this year call me and complain that i was taking too long to mow his lawn,he said the last company came with 3 guys and it took them 15 minutes while it takes me 45 mins by myself lol.

6. Cody_Lick

Cody_Lick LawnSite Member

thats great!!!:)

7. bulldogg

bulldogg LawnSite Member

I did a mulch job the first of March foran older lady and she called me a few days ago and blamed me for planting weeds. I dont even mow or maintain her property, I just did the mulch.

She said that she had talked to her lawyer and was going to sue me, so I told her to go for it !!!

8. clydebusa

clydebusa LawnSite Bronze Member

I've been accused of passing weeds due to mowing with the same mower on other yards, and had a guy a few years ago insist on using his equipment because of this. Charged him the same amout, it was great!

9. clydebusa

clydebusa LawnSite Bronze Member

Another lady complained I wasn't mowing part of her front yard. I had her show me. It was the flower bed!

l![/QUOTE]

This is funny I don't care who you are!. I did LOL on this one!

10. bdconsoli

bdconsoli LawnSite Member

Do you guys ever have a customer try to dictate when you mow? I understand it's their yard and I dont mean I should be able to show up when I want to and cut as much as I want to. I cut for a guy who told me in April that he wanted his yard cut every 10 days. Now all of a sudden it's hot out and now he wants it cut every 2 weeks. Now, I do not care a bit how often he wants his grass cut, that's up to him. But PLEASE. Pick one and stick with it!! Does anyone else have this problem? What do you do about it?

One more thing - what do you guys do about customers that don't pay? I don't use contracts so I cant go through court and the lady will not talk to me at all. I am out a total of about $325. Is there anything I can do about it?