Best Customer Complaints!

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by carguyrob, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Green Industry Pro

Green Industry Pro LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds horrible man. Two things come to mind for your situation. 1. Have a contract. 2. Drop the lady because you are spinning your wheels maintaining her property without her paying you. Move on to the many other people who will pay you. About the part where the client tries the ol' switcharoo on ya and messes up your schedule. It happens all the time lol. Yet another reason for a contract. If I wasn't using a contract, I would make it painfully clear with the client beforehand what is expected of them and what they are expecting of you. Make it painfully clear that you aren't going to switch your schedule constantly. It benefits you and them too! Have them give you a specific date vise versa and stick to that.

2. betterlawnsandlandscaping

betterlawnsandlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I had a guy ask me last week, if my 130.00 mowing cost each month includes trimming his hedges, keeping the weeds out and fertilizing.:hammerhead:

3. grizzlylandscaper

grizzlylandscaper LawnSite Member
    from GA

Been accused of cutting down a $300 weed :confused:. We did go back to her yard after that.

4. Green Industry Pro

Green Industry Pro LawnSite Senior Member

This thread is one of the most hilarious ones I have seen. We should start more"comedic" threads lol. A $300 dollar weed huh? must have been marijuana lol, just kidding. There are some crazy people out there, just look at the clients that we have lol.

5. grizzlylandscaper

grizzlylandscaper LawnSite Member
    from GA

She was trying to find away to get us to give her a discount.

6. zturncutter

zturncutter LawnSite Bronze Member

Had a lady call several years ago and ask why I had not been to her property to mow in over 3 weeks. I replied, I had not been to her property in over 3 years because she was such a pain and so daffy and apparently her current service felt the same way. :hammerhead:

7. bdconsoli

bdconsoli LawnSite Member

The lady that wouldn't pay I cut for last season. By the time I realized I wasn't going to get paid, it was mid October so it didn't really make a point when I stopped cutting lol.
    The guy who pulls the "ol' switcharoo" - I tried and thought I did make it clear that when he said every 10 days I was going to stick to that, but either I didnt or he doesn't care. I only have 7 yards so it's not that big of a deal but it's still a PITA. Things are better now than they used to be. The first year I cut for him I would get a text every 4 or 5 days with an update on his yard. Either "grass doesn't need cutting until it rains" or "can you cut tomorrow?" and other things like that. That's how he feels in relation to me lol I dont even get a phone call all I'm worth is a text message. For $70 a cut I guess I can't ***** too much.

8. TheGoat

TheGoat LawnSite Senior Member

All you have to do is burn her house down.

9. bdconsoli

bdconsoli LawnSite Member

Lol I'm tempted to but she ain't worth it.

10. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Customer: "I thought you caught the front"

Me: "Excuse me?"

"I thought you caught the front"

"We are cutting the front"

"No no no no no no!!! Catch the front, you know, the grass"

"Oh, bag!!! Yeah, I can throw a bag on for you"