1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Best cut quality ZTR

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by JMK Lawn Service, Jun 11, 2012.

Best cut quality

1. Toro

20 vote(s)
  2. Exmark

56 vote(s)
  3. Write Stander

10 vote(s)
  1. Penncare

Penncare LawnSite Member

If you keep them maintained you can get a beautiful cut from most of the major brands. I even see some very nice yards that are cut with those cookie cutter cub cadet riders for the masses. It really is difficult to say that any of the major brands are dramatically better overall in every situation. We all forget that the equipment does not make a beautiful lawn. Almost any mower leaves a nice cut on a great lawn (level, weed free, irrigated, quality turf grass type). The best equipment is that which you like, can make a profit with, and which provides the results your clients desire. In some areas image is everything and the equipment is for the client, not the user to see and in others they would not care if you used a Yard Man with no hood. At this point all the major brands make a great commercial mower. I love the cut of a Walker on a great flat lawn; however, we can't justify them for the few like that we have so we use commercial 21s with baggers and the customers seem very pleased.
  2. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

Very true, Which commercial 21 do you use?
  3. capt bob

capt bob LawnSite Member

Out of the 3 Zero's I have I would say the Ex Mark 52 has the best cut with the Ultracut deck and prob the most forgiving too. Florida Grass.
  4. ShaneysLawnCare

ShaneysLawnCare LawnSite Member

For the general kentucky blue grass up here in the north there are two mower brands that stick out as long as you get a higher hp engine to power a 60" cut, scag, and deere.
  5. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

Well you coming from JD anything you pick will be better
    good luck you have alot mowers to pick from till you get to the top of the list
    The 2 ZTR you have listed are the same mower
  6. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

There is no "BEST" there is only the one that suits you, and YES TORO and EXMARK are the same company. Get the one that YOU like. They all cut the same.
  7. JMK Lawn Service

JMK Lawn Service LawnSite Member

I think my JD cuts pretty well.
    CPL is right.
    TORO and EXMARK are the same mower, but they have different decks. Different cut...

IXINRGIXI LawnSite Senior Member

You need more variety of brands!!!!!!!!!
  9. Penncare

Penncare LawnSite Member

cpl is so right. If you properly use them they can yield nice money
  10. piediddy

piediddy LawnSite Member

Nobody mentioned a Ferris, i run a Scag but i recently watched a guy cut with the new Ferris IS1500 looked good.