Best cut

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by MikeFla, Jul 30, 2004.

1. MikeFla

MikeFla LawnSite Member

I have a Metro 48inch with a 15 kaw on it. I mow about 8 yards most bahia some St. Augustine.I'm having problems cutting the shoots in the Bahia tried three diffrent blades no change. I was wondering how to get the most vacum out of my mower,with the blade spacing and the deck height? I've been told space the blades all the way down and the deck up and i've been told opposite. Please help thanks Mike

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Mike,

Your best bet is to first determine what height you plan on cutting. After that you can then look at the cut height setting chart in your manual.

Here's a couple of pointers not in the manual. Always keep at least two spacers below the spindle for the best cut and most lift. You can add more without causing any cut issues but the cut quality will drop off if you have less than two. Also the front caster spacers and axle setting are pretty close to 1 to 1 meaning if your in axle setting A the deck will have a fairly flat (level) rake if you have 0 spacers below the caster. If your in axle setting B the deck will be fairly close to level or have a flat rake if you have one spacer below the caster. Knowing that you can figure out (pretty close) what your rake is going to be and adjust your cutting height and axle setting accordingly to get the best cut, with in reason. It's not an exact science setting rake because grass types and grass conditions are so varied.

Thanks

Terry