Best $$$ Day Ever

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rodfather, Oct 3, 2006.

1. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I love the Fall. Today we did our very best $$$ wise in exactly 8 hours with 6 guys (2 crews) mowing. :clapping:
  2. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

Way to go Rod. Now if you would just like to adopt a short fat 44 year old guy I could say the same thing.
  3. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Good for you Rod, that's what it's about. Good for you!

We did damn good the weekend of the 23rd and 24th, getting half done with a removal and install of new plantings in a condo complex. Backhoes are a great tool!

Just think Rod, the plows go on for you soon...........
  4. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

Sometimes I am amazed at how much money can be made in one day treating lawns...
  5. Aaron's Lawn Care

Aaron's Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I had my 2nd best day ever today. I did 12 aeration/overseed today by myself. I had no idea aeration was so profitable.

Congrats on your day!
  6. Sandgropher

Sandgropher LawnSite Senior Member

well done guys,lets hope other people are having some near best days to, makes a change from people that only have complaints.:)
  7. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Yes fall mowing is very profitable for us ( compared to Spring), there isn't as much growth, so no double cuttting. Heck as of this afternoon we have 75% of our Wednesday route done. Tommorrow we'll get most of Thursday done.
  8. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes I do tire of hearing about PITA clients or misquoted jobs, or people complaining that the client expected more....The simple truth is that all in all there are far more up days than down days and if you are doing your jobs correctly, every day is an up day...

It also boils down to the LCO's motivation. If the only motivation is money, your in the wrong line of work. I have a passion for growing healthy lawns and maintaining estate level properties and money is a by product of success...
  9. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

I had a good day... did an hour of cleanup @ a church for a funeral, then bought a FORCE blower. profit for the day... -$1300

My big truck was in the shop for two days, so i've been scratching my ass with small stuff because I had to push a big tree chipping job off cause the dealer wanted to keep it for 2 days for a simple fix.
  10. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

My wife has been having some good dollar days the last few weeks too. Grass is cutting good and no major breakdowns. Had to use a backup fertilzer spreaders but no problems. Spraying has been a pain with all the rain but we are caught up again. Leaves will be coming soon.