1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Best day of the week to acquire new accounts?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jcr_17, Feb 20, 2004.

1. jcr_17

jcr_17 LawnSite Member
    from Texas

It seems like last summer I made most of my account on Monday and Tuesday...so basically the beginning of the week. By Thursday and Friday business slowed down. Has anyone else experienced this? Or What have been your best days of the week?
  2. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Saturdays or evenings. I find it best when you can actually meet the client in person. Nothing like a good handshake and looking directly atthe potential client will help win over a bid. Don't get me wrong, I do a lot of maintenance bids during the day when people are at work, but the face to face meetings are almost always a shoo-in!
  3. Let it Grow

Let it Grow LawnSite Senior Member

I have received many of my calls on Friday. It doesn't make much sense to me, but hey, if that's when they want to call, I'll talk to them!
  4. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

Anybody have luck knocking on doors? I'm going on Saturday in hopes of someone being home. Good idea or waste of time?
  5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Ditto...weekends seem to be the best time for us too.
  6. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

The first days it is sunny and nice. Doesn't matter the day.

LAWNPROzII LawnSite Member

We handed out flyers on a Friday and got some calls.
    Passed flyers on a Monday got no calls. So I'm leaning towards the end of the week is the best time because people are able to relax and take more things in instead of the hustle and bustle.