Best deal of the day

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Chrisc1987, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Chrisc1987

Chrisc1987 LawnSite Member

So as I was out today at our local autoparts store as I was leaving I see a echo srm225 at our pawnshop next door figured I would walk over and take a look at it I walk over and they have it prIced for 30 BUCKS!! So I go in and asked if I could start it up and they said sure went outside first pull fired right up damn thing looks brand new the customer told the salesperson it still had 4 years of warranty wish everyday was like this
  2. andersontl2

andersontl2 LawnSite Member

That's a good find for sure, my finding's with pawn shops is most of there stuff is over priced...I look at them every now and again and most of the stuff i see they have priced higher than I can get it new in most cases. And all the trimmers i have looked at are used up and priced for that's good you got it for $30 bucks something like that at my pawn shop's would be priced for $300 to sell but what they paid the poor guy that need cash was $ me when if you find another deal like that!
  3. Hawkshot99

Hawkshot99 LawnSite Senior Member

Id be willing to bet it is stolen.
  4. 32vld

32vld LawnSite Gold Member

I have to agree with the poster that said it is stolen.

For $30 it had to be stolen. I have to agree pawn shops don't sell nothing for cheap. A machine that looks new, has 4 years left on the warranty, and we are to assume the PS paid the original owner $15 and then flipped a $300 machine for $30.
  5. Chrisc1987

Yeah either the guy was hard up for money or it was stolen I was just so into the price at the moment really dust care the sellers problems lol
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. Chrisc1987

Posted via Mobile Device
  7. chagh2.0

chagh2.0 LawnSite Member

i hate the pawn shops around here. A few years back I needed some cash bad to get a few bill paid so i pawned my les paul 1969 worth about 3000-4000 I took it to the pawn for 500 dollars and told them I would see them in a week next week. I showed up the next week gave them my recp and they said they sold it. and they would give me 1500 for it i had to take them to court to get my guitar back and they had to pay me for damage and lost time at work
  8. hi_speedreed

hi_speedreed LawnSite Senior Member

I went and looked at a pawn shop here and couldn't believe the prices. Everything was priced more expensive than I could go buy it new. Do they do that because they know you are going to try and talk them down? I can go get a brand new SRM225 at Home Depot for $225

They had it priced over $300 and I also looked at the price of a CS400 and they had it for $400 and they're only $300 new. I just laughed and walked out.
  9. Chrisc1987

Yeah I've never had luck at a pawn shop till today probably the last time to
  10. herler

herler LawnSite Fanatic

The other possibility...
    Maybe the disgruntled ex-gf of an LCO brought it in...
    They said we'll give you $10 because we can't get but $30 for it, she said hell yeah that's fine by me.