1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Best Deals

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HondaFreak, Sep 30, 2004.

1. HondaFreak

HondaFreak LawnSite Member

Post the best prices on new or used equipment you think you've gotten. For me, I believe $290 for my Honda trimmer to my door was good, and it was new. I purchased the trimmer at Big Sky Power Equipment and it is worth the amount.
  2. saw man

saw man LawnSite Bronze Member
    from utah

you forgot to post model!
  3. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

my fradan backpack. It has just as much power as the echo 650s and i got it new for 350. I love that backpack.
  4. Freshcut Lawn Care

Freshcut Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Husqvarna Commercial Grade Straight Shaft Trimmer
    Item #: 192736
    Model: 326RJX

Picked this Trimmer up at Lowes last night. Someone apparently bought it and brought it back. They sent it out to get it checked and from what I understand, nothing is wrong with it! Will be trying it out today!

It was marked as clearance at $250.00 and the sales guy said he would probably be marking it down to $200.00 on Friday.

After talking to him some more, he agreed to let it go for $175.00 which I think is a great price.

I have an Echo and Honda trimmer already, but I just couldn't pass this one up! :D
  5. Smalltimer1

Smalltimer1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I got my Stihl FS-80R for $260, listed for $280.

I got my John Deere 140 in running condition for $300.

I even got a el-cheapo Ryobi 725R trimmer for $5 at a yard sale, with a bad lower quick-shaft. I put one of mine on, and used it for over a year, til my father mistook my mixed gas can as straight gas and diluted my mix and it burned up while I was using it. Guess it paid for itself though.
  6. HondaFreak

Oh yeah, it's the HHT25SLTA version. And feel free to post the place where you bought it at. Those all sound like some good deals. :cool2: payup
  7. HondaFreak

Any other killer deals?
  8. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

>>or used equipment you think you've gotten

$25 for a Commerical EZ-Trench Brand Bed Edger at a pawnshop....the owner didn't know what it was..
  9. new-man

new-man LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

ryobi 725r for 25 dollars at a garage sale, had a trimmer
  10. Blessed 1

Blessed 1 LawnSite Senior Member

Echo SRM 210 Trimmer @ Home Depo New (returned) for $129.00. Kept it for couple of weeks and returned/traded it for a SRM230 for $70 more. Make a long story short SRM 230 for $200.00. Does all Home Depo's have Discount area's for equipment?