Best Decision

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by mslawn, Oct 19, 2006.

1. mslawn

mslawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from LA

It has been 3 weeks using the Jobclock System to track my employees time and I love it. At the end of the week I take my palm around to each truck, hold it in front of each jobclock and WALLA, their hours pop up instantly. I am going to start tracking travel times and times on each job, these first three weeks everybody has been getting used to scanning in and out and lunching in and out.

2. Vikings

Vikings LawnSite Bronze Member
    from canada

I had to use google to find out what you meant but could you explain how you actually impliment it?
    I mean are you using just for when they start work and when they finish (If so I don't see why you would need it) or, to time out each job, or lunch...
    Another thing is there any GPS ability with this tech?

3. mslawn

from LA

It can be used for several different things, to track travel time, time on each lawn, trimming, planting.. You can look over your time records and if there is a travel time or job time out of line then its time to find out why. It does not work off of gps. With three different trucks each truck has jobclock in it, they all work together, I get accurate in / out times , accurate lunch times, travel and various job times when needed. The extra hours I have paid out( which would be overtime), because of timesheets, I should have done this years ago. Think about it, 15-20 minutes a day on a couple of people, especially when it is overtime, adds up very quick. I wanted something that is accurate to the second

4. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

How much did that set you back for the system? can you buy just one clock?

5. mslawn

from LA

The system I bought was about 1800.00.It has three clocks, Timesummit software, tungsten e2 palm, and all the other items you need to get it setup. I had recieved a fax for one free jobclock so that saved 395.00. You can buy just one and then add more jobclocks if you need them. I have been looking into this for a while, I wish I had purchased it sooner. I am looking forward to determining which locations I am not grossing enough labor $$ on.

6. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

do they sell the system in pieces? or is it a package? I have a palm already and would only need 1 JC to start.

7. mslawn

from LA

You buy only what pieces you need, you would just need the jobclock and timesummit software.

8. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Don't mean to be rude but how do you know you're getting accurate times?

Any such system can be worked around.

9. Vikings

Vikings LawnSite Bronze Member
    from canada

I'm wondering about how the log in and out when the crew is a work. I seen it on google and it looked like you had to pass a chip over a scanner, so would the crew leader do this at the start of each job or does it auto sense when they leave the truck?

10. mslawn

from LA

The actual times will be accurate, however the employee scan may not be.