Best design for a leaf box on my 1 ton?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by M&MLawn, Oct 4, 2009.

1. SpruceLandscape

SpruceLandscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

here are some pics I took tonight. They didn't come out too well, but I'll see if I can snap some more on Teus.

dumpleafbox001.jpg

dumpleafbox005.jpg

dumpleafbox006.jpg

dumpleafbox008.jpg

2. socty

socty LawnSite Member

That is a very sweet setup, my friend. Very clean and professional.

3. SpruceLandscape

from ohio

Here are some pics from today. Last one is from the inside to show how the bows are mounted to the bed and how well its throwing the grass and leaves in with the leaf loader at about 1/2 to 3/4 throttle

P1010001.jpg

P1010002.jpg

P1010003.jpg

4. 1wezil

1wezil LawnSite Senior Member
    from tn

Do you have a company name or a web address where you can get a canvass like yours ..

5. SpruceLandscape

from ohio

i got this tarp from Mytee products right here out of Wooster Ohio. Its a 12x 20 tarp with eyelets every 2 ft. and only cost me $54.00 plus shipping and tax. Shipped it to me within one day. I don't think I would go anywhere else for tarps in the future. Its a great product!

6. M&MLawn

M&MLawn LawnSite Member

That looks awesome. What kind of blower setup is that in the trailer?

7. SpruceLandscape

from ohio

Little Wonder 16hp truck loader. Cost is comparable to most of the other big name loaders with similar size engines but IMO ( and I did a lot of research and demo'd a lot of machines) this is hands down the best engineered loader out there. The reduction ratio is AWESOME and the shredders and impellar design work extremely well compared to other machines with just straight impellar blades. Very rarely do I ever have to use this thing at full throttle because the suction is pretty good even at 1/2 to 3/4. Only time I will ramp it up is when sucking up really wet heavy grass or wet heavy leaves that tend to clump together.

8. pun299

pun299 LawnSite Member

Looks really good. What did you use to bow that over like that? Is that pvc cause I didnt think that you could bend it like that. I might do something similar to that on my truck.

9. SpruceLandscape

from ohio

I started off with 1" x 20' sections of PVC irrigation pipe, started off cutting them down to 18', then went to 17' to get the right overlap with the tarp that I bought. Probably could have left them at 18' if I had a 14x20 tarp instead of a 12x20. The rear bow does nothing more than help support the discharge tube of the vac so that it doesn't have to be disconnected during transport.

10. joepetrilli

joepetrilli LawnSite Member

I just purchased a new truck and dont want to letter it. By law I need my name cont# and Pest# and phone#. Its a mason dump I thought I could put all that on a 2 by 12. Welcome to any thoughts.:usflag: